User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My point is you can't buy/posess suppressor parts individually and this is a baffle stack.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is pretty obvious as to what SIG's intent was for this "muzzle brake".

SHOT Show pics

What's your point??? They have been upfront about their intentions since day one.

My point is you can't buy/posess suppressor parts individually and this is a baffle stack.

That is the whole point of this thread and the lawsuit that was filed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:47:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SHOT Show pics

What's your point??? They have been upfront about their intentions since day one.

Then why do they continue to call it a muzzle brake in their lawsuit?  Call it what it is(a baffle stack), win the lawsuit, and force the ATF to allow me to buy replacement springs for my 762SD.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Then why do they continue to call it a muzzle brake in their lawsuit?  Call it what it is(a baffle stack), win the lawsuit, and force the ATF to allow me to buy replacement springs for my 762SD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SHOT Show pics

Have you read the lawsuit????

It is a muzzle brake. They call it that because it is that. Their whole point is that until it is built into a suppressor it is simply a muzzle brake. This is the case that could allow you to buy new baffles or parts for your can.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SHOT Show pics

Because it's not a baffle stack until it is enveloped by an outer tube.   The issue is not whether or not it's a "baffle stack," it is whether or not it constitutes the legal definition of a "suppressor."  

Until then, it is a permanently attached brake.  All of their marketing materials claim it to be that, and they will be able to scientifically prove it functions as one.  It has three functions that I can see:

1 - Reduce muzzle climb.  Fulfilling the design and mission of a muzzle brake.

2 - Mitigate recoil impulse.  Fulfilling the design and mission of a muzzle brake.  

3 - Extend the barrel length past the 16" limit.  A typical industry technique used for the past 30 some years on many firearms that use shorter barrels but are sold as a rifle.  

All that's required for it NOT to be a suppressor as defined under law is ONE other function.  That's three so far I can find.  

It's gonna be funny to see a muzzle brake for sale consisting of titanium K-baffles all welded together.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 1:31:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Any update on the status of the lawsuit?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top