Quoted:
arrived today!

http://www.mailex.ch/553-R-1.jpg

I hate you.

It's pure jealousy, but I hate you.

+1 Outstanding collection sir!
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Beautiful, what barrel lenght is that? Im jealous you have an actual SWISS folder/collapsible.
All the folder/collapsibles here are American made garbage.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 2:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]
What was the out the door cost on that guy, if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 1:24:19 AM EDT
[#5]
It's the LB version (Long Barrel) 11.9 Inch (303mm)
The SB version get an 9.5 Inch barrel (240mm)

If I'd tell you the price, it will throw you out of your shoes. I live on a "high-price-island" (Switzerland) and everything got the double price plus compared with the US.
For example: I've ordered the Aimpoint in the US. Summarized with transport and tax the scope was 30% cheaper than in CH.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 2:18:46 AM EDT
[#6]
So are they moving away from the steel lower receivers on the new guns?  I saw a picture of trade show where there was a new 7.62x51mm rifle with the same type lower.  The pics on the Swiss arms company web site still show the steel lowers though.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I'd tell you the price, it will throw you out of your shoes. I live on a "high-price-island" (Switzerland) and everything got the double price plus compared with the US.
For example: I've ordered the Aimpoint in the US. Summarized with transport and tax the scope was 30% cheaper than in CH.
View Quote

Not much can phase me these days. I ordered a bunch of SAN parts from Switzerland in my 553 clone build so I have a pretty good handle on how much SAN stuff costs over there.

I mostly want to see if the MSRP prices I've seen for the SAN rifles are accurate, if you don't mind.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not much can phase me these days. I ordered a bunch of SAN parts from Switzerland in my 553 clone build so I have a pretty good handle on how much SAN stuff costs over there.

I mostly want to see if the MSRP prices I've seen for the SAN rifles are accurate, if you don't mind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
And
How does she shoot?
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're around the $3500 mark. I'm not sure exactly how that translates to Swiss Francs, but they were around that up here.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They're around the $3500 mark. I'm not sure exactly how that translates to Swiss Francs, but they were around that up here.
View Quote

The prices I have seen range from 3450 to 3800 swiss francs for the 553 series, which with conversion to US dollars makes them about 4 grand.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd pay that in a second.

Fuck GHWB for that ban. Or was it Clinton? Either way, fuck them
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Very very cool. I love the 553 LB; really wish we had these in the US. Yours looks to be the LB barrel with removable flash hider?
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Beautiful, what barrel lenght is that? Im jealous you have an actual SWISS folder/collapsible.
All the folder/collapsibles here are American made garbage.
View Quote

Actually the first run of 556 Classics had the Swiss folding collapsing stock. I bought a complete rifle just for the stock back around the 2007/8 timeframe, then sold off the other parts. Managed to snag another Swiss folding collapsing stock a few years later. They are around and occasionally pop up here in the US. Mike Otte may still have a few as well.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn it! Thanks for the heads up on those. What does Mike Otte NOT have besides my first born?
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#15]
That gun seriously gives me a boner.

I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Hi,

They are about CHF3300+ retail, I believe.

This is north of US$3700 (you might find them up to 10% cheaper in a sweetheart deal).

This includes the version with the standard hand guard, and not the B&T handrail on the example of the OP nor the forward grip.

But the prices are increasing all the time for SAN products.

Cheers, Farmer
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:.

View Quote

Lol, fuck them both, just to be sure.

They are nice rifles. I have a few in 5.56. I'd be all over a Swiss Arms 551SB Carbine in 7.62x39 though.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 10:55:10 AM EDT
[#18]
So is the basic way to tell if it is a Swiss folding/sliding stock is that it does not say "Sig Arms" on the side of it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So is the basic way to tell if it is a Swiss folding/sliding stock is that it does not say "Sig Arms" on the side of it?
View Quote

The Swiss stocks are contracted out to a couple of different firms, and do not say "Sig Arms".
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 3:53:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Hi,

Here is a price list from one famous/infamous local retail outlet...

https://www.gunfactory.ch/langwaf/images/preisliste_sg550_553.jpg

All with -1 are 10" twist, those with -2 are tighter (7?)

Diopter-Visierung is the original drum sight
PIcitinny-Gehause is with the rail
Rotex with the Rotex muzzle brake.
SB = short barrel, LM = long barrel, AL = Aluminium,
Oliv-Grun = Olive green, Schwarz = black, Sand = Sand, Blue is blue.
550 = PE90 is the semi-auto version of the Swiss StGw 90 assault rifle.

1CHF = approx $1.12

7.62x39 are cheaper than the 5.56, 553 are much more expensive than the full size.

Stuff is readily available, if you have the cash to fund it...

Not shown is a very nice black and tan "desert" version which is currently tempting me.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They are nice rifles. I have a few in 5.56. I'd be all over a Swiss Arms 551SB Carbine in 7.62x39 though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:.

Hell, I'd LOVE an Olive 550 in 5.56.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Weird double tap.
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hi,

Here is a price list from one famous/infamous local retail outlet...

https://www.gunfactory.ch/langwaf/images/preisliste_sg550_553.jpg

All with -1 are 10" twist, those with -2 are tighter (7?)

Diopter-Visierung is the original drum sight
PIcitinny-Gehause is with the rail
Rotex with the Rotex muzzle brake.
SB = short barrel, LM = long barrel, AL = Aluminium,
Oliv-Grun = Olive green, Schwarz = black, Sand = Sand, Blue is blue.
550 = PE90 is the semi-auto version of the Swiss StGw 90 assault rifle.

1CHF = approx $1.12

7.62x39 are cheaper than the 5.56, 553 are much more expensive than the full size.

Stuff is readily available, if you have the cash to fund it...

Not shown is a very nice black and tan "desert" version which is currently tempting me.
View Quote

I'd love to add a Tan one to my collection. I have a Classic Green with Diopter and Black Special Flat Top, as well as a Green Diopter 551 SB, but I'd love to add a Tan version to the collection, although a 553R LB Flat Top would probably be my next purchase if given the chance...

Also, for those wondering
Auf Anfrage = Upon Request
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 3:16:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

+1
And
How does she shoot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
And
How does she shoot?

The SG 553 R LB will be delivered with a Bulgaria AK magazine. With this mag, I had zero faults. I've tested a lot of (really) old AK magazines from the former GDR (DDR), Russia, Romania, China and perhaps some Somalia hand made things.
The order reflects the reliability. All magazines fit easily into the slot but not all worked reliable.

The recoil is almost twice compared with a 553 with 5.56, but the control during the double tap is given.

I miss more reset speed on the trigger how I'm used on my other SG models. My gunsmith signaled me, there is a workaround.

I've ordered the rifle with a 4-position gas regulator, but it was delivered with a standard 2-position regulator. My gunsmith will order the "right" one.
My suppressor "ROTEX V compact" from B&T doesn't fit on the flash hider. My gunsmith has to clarify, why.

Some issues, which I don't know from the past. Keep you informed, what's going on.
BUT: I love it anyway!

Link Posted: 6/2/2014 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Awesome!  I'm extremely jealous, that's a beautiful weapon
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 1:40:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The SG 553 R LB will be delivered with a Bulgaria AK magazine. With this mag, I had zero faults. I've tested a lot of (really) old AK magazines from the former GDR (DDR), Russia, Romania, China and perhaps some Somalia hand made things.
The order reflects the reliability. All magazines fit easily into the slot but not all worked reliable.

The recoil is almost twice compared with a 553 with 5.56, but the control during the double tap is given.

I miss more reset speed on the trigger how I'm used on my other SG models. My gunsmith signaled me, there is a workaround.

I've ordered the rifle with a 4-position gas regulator, but it was delivered with a standard 2-position regulator. My gunsmith will order the "right" one.
My suppressor "ROTEX V compact" from B&T doesn't fit on the flash hider. My gunsmith has to clarify, why.

Some issues, which I don't know from the past. Keep you informed, what's going on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
And
How does she shoot?

I want to see video of it in action!
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
arrived today!

http://www.mailex.ch/553-R-1.jpg

View Quote

I'm kickin and screaming like a child right now.

I want one
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Very frickin nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top