Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 6:53:09 PM EDT
Just over 10% off

$267.99

I've been waiting on a sale, and I've got prime so free shipping too!
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Question for those with a Troy rail. It obviously raises the sights. Can you still use a cheek weld or is it more of a chin weld?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Question for those with a Troy rail. It obviously raises the sights. Can you still use a cheek weld or is it more of a chin weld?
View Quote

Honestly I don't have a clue. I do know couple companies make shorter sights (Troy, etc) for higher rail systems.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got the Troy rail on my 556 SBR. Unless you want a chin weld, you'll probably want an optic that sits a little lower. I'm using a Trijicon RX06-23 with the ARMS lever mount and a set of the Troy flip up micro sights for backup or if the Trijicon is washing out. The micros co-witness at a nice lower 1/3 with this setup. Nice, solid build. Only wobble anywhere is a tiny bit between the upper and lower.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I've got a 556R & been running standard Magpul BUIS sights & a Valdad RDS at AR height. You can turkey neck up the stock  to raise your cheek weld slightly.

Honestly been thinking about ditching the red dot setup for a Primary 1-6X  w/ 300-7.62x39 reticle (maybe the Nikon P300 2-7X) w/o backups as the 556R seems a bit heavy for a CQB.

BTW - If anyone tells your the Troy won't work on the 556R, they are wrong - fits great, the folder latch won't work, but solid as a rock with blue locktite.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top