BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nononono, fuck that. Either tell me more or start a thread and link that bitch here.

Please?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks to be 45acp, monolithic upper with the stock mounted to the upper. VERY INTERESTING!!!

Couple more pics, not trying to derail the thread.

http://i60.tinypic.com/9amlw9.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/2u6lp55.jpg

Nononono, fuck that. Either tell me more or start a thread and link that bitch here.

Please?

Check the pistol caliber carbine forum.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Now that the ATF has came out and said it's a no no to shoulder the sig brace....I'm guessing we have two more weeks to wait as Sig has to recall all MPX's w/ braces shipped to distributors
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now that the ATF has came out and said it's a no no to shoulder the sig brace....I'm guessing we have two more weeks to wait as Sig has to recall all MPX's w/ braces shipped to distributors
View Quote

Oh, shit.  I hadn't thought of that...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not that we can't own the sig brace...but I'm guessing if this ATF letter that came out catches any steam, Sig will no longer be shipping their pistols with them.  I could be wrong though.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where have you been? Sig has not even released an MPX magazine let alone an MPX so there should be nothing to recall.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's not that we can't own the sig brace...but I'm guessing if this ATF letter that came out catches any steam, Sig will no longer be shipping their pistols with them.  I could be wrong though.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  It doesn't change anything from the manufacturer's standpoint.  The brace isn't "illegal", only shouldering a firearm <16" OAL barrel with the brace without an SBR stamp is illegal.  Continuing to use, therefore sell, the brace as it was intended is perfectly fine.  Doesn't affect anything from the configuration of firearms.

Now, will it affect sales of the brace?  Most definitely.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:15:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Current letter from ATF regarding the arm brace.

http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/assets/Firearms/FirearmsIndustry/open_letter_on_the_redesign_of_stabilizing_braces.pdf
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I am sorry but sometimes some people remind me of Henny Penny from the children's nursery rhyme fame.

If I am in my backyard in the woods and I shoulder my SIg Brace, I don't own one, and shoot my MPX, no one owns one, aside from the NSA K-11 satellite orbiting at 23,000 miles who is going to know?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:30:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am sorry but sometimes some people remind me of Henny Penny from the children's nursery rhyme fame.

If I am in my backyard in the woods and I shoulder my SIg Brace, I don't own one, and shoot my MPX, no one owns one, aside from the NSA K-11 satellite orbiting at 23,000 miles who is going to know?
View Quote

That's the problem. Much like almost everything else in the NFA, it's unenforceable unless they expect us to narc on each other, catch us in the act, or confiscate range camera footage (not that any of these are a likely reality).

I still won't be shouldering one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:31:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't want to be the one they use to Set An Example either
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Just SBR the dam thing with the cool retractable stock and call it good.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:07:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

EXACTLY. You do not want to be the guy on the front page of the news. That gives the anti's a leg up in their fight to take them all away. We all need to be vigilant, do what is correct and if there is questionable acts, error on the correct side. If we show that we all are good humans and don't give the libs anything to use against us, we can go on having our fun. Remember, laws are for law abiding citizens, criminals don't care what is law, that's why they are scum.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

EXACTLY. You do not want to be the guy on the front page of the news. That gives the anti's a leg up in their fight to take them all away. We all need to be vigilant, do what is correct and if there is questionable acts, error on the correct side. If we show that we all are good humans and don't give the libs anything to use against us, we can go on having our fun. Remember, laws are for law abiding citizens, criminals don't care what is law, that's why they are scum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ironic that most of lawmakers are also scum
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Also, just carry the original letter that ATF said it was OK. Not a dam court in this country will do a dam thing about it with that letter. There is a lot of people that have that arm brace and possess the original letter. If the same people never check the Internet or LGS, they will have never known about the change with the Sig Brace and nobody would get in trouble over that. ATF would have to find out who all has those Sig Brace's and notify everyone about the change to do anything about it. I am sure Sig will also file another law suit over this.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Also, just carry the original letter that ATF said it was OK. Not a dam court in this country will do a dam thing about it with that letter. There is a lot of people that have that arm brace and possess the original letter. If the same people never check the Internet or LGS, they will have never known about the change with the Sig Brace and nobody would get in trouble over that. ATF would have to find out who all has those Sig Brace's and notify everyone about the change to do anything about it. I am sure Sig will also file another law suit over this.
View Quote

Unfortunately, Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure it is. I've been a cop for the last 27 years and if I saw someone shooting the arm brace from their shoulder and they showed me the original letter, my next comment would be "have a nice day". And 99% of the cops I know would say the same thing. Having that letter is a good defense if it ever did go to an arrest/trial, but being in the business as long as I have, it wouldn't even get that far as it would get dismissed. To add to that, I am not telling anyone to purposely go out and violate the law.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Sure it is. I've been a cop for the last 27 years and if I saw someone shooting the arm brace from their shoulder and they showed me the original letter, my next comment would be "have a nice day". And 99% of the cops I know would say the same thing. Having that letter is a good defense if it ever did go to an arrest/trial, but being in the business as long as I have, it wouldn't even get that far as it would get dismissed. To add to that, I am not telling anyone to purposely go out and violate the law.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still,  ignorance of the law does not absolve one caught breaking it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, just throwing out a defense for those that might not know the new change.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:28:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sure it is. I've been a cop for the last 27 years and if I saw someone shooting the arm brace from their shoulder and they showed me the original letter, my next comment would be "have a nice day". And 99% of the cops I know would say the same thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure it is. I've been a cop for the last 27 years and if I saw someone shooting the arm brace from their shoulder and they showed me the original letter, my next comment would be "have a nice day". And 99% of the cops I know would say the same thing.

Cops, maybe; Feds looking to flex their muscle and enforce their arbitrary rulings? I wouldn't count on it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:14:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Cops, maybe; Feds looking to flex their muscle and enforce their arbitrary rulings? I wouldn't count on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea your probably right. I do know some BATFE Agents though that think the laws are screwed up as well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:19:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, that's your ignorance of the law that would be allowing the individual concerned to slide.  If you as a cop knew the law and the individual didn't, you are still well within the law to lock him up regardless of his ignorance.  So, like I said, ignorance of the law is no excuse.  And there is tons of case law to support that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ok, that's your ignorance of the law that would be allowing the individual concerned to slide.  If you as a cop knew the law and the individual didn't, you are still well within the law to lock him up regardless of his ignorance.  So, like I said, ignorance of the law is no excuse.  And there is tons of case law to support that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I was trying to say was that most cops aren't even into guns and don't have a clue what Federal firearm laws are. If they see a letter that said it was ok to shoulder a Sig Brace, that would be the end of it, we don't sit in our cars trying to research federal gun laws. Yes I know the new law now, so I quess I will be a dick then and forward the case to the Feds every time I see someone shoot the Sig Brace on their shoulder. Are you happy now?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#23]
7.62x51mm MCX

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#25]
I just shot the Sig Sauer MPX in both full auto and the SBR in semi. Let me tell you that the wait will be worth it. Was told that they just shipped 80 guns but not sure where. Will get more info tomorrow at the Shot Show. Today was just the Sig range day.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:34:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Looking forward to it! By the way I liked your reply 3 posts up!
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just shot the Sig Sauer MPX in both full auto and the SBR in semi. Let me tell you that the wait will be worth it. Was told that they just shipped 80 guns but not sure where. Will get more info tomorrow at the Shot Show. Today was just the Sig range day.
View Quote

Pics, or it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#28]
any news on mlx ship date from shot?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:27:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Well from what I am being told today, the MCX and MPX have begun shipping in small numbers. I will continue to get more info as the week goes on but I have been getting different answers from different people there, which is very frustrating. I do have a video of me shooting the MPX but not sure how to post it. At Shot they also have the 16" solid barel MPX (no muzzle break) on display with the key mod rail. I will get pics of it tomorrow and post it if I can figure out how to do it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well from what I am being told today, the MCX and MPX have begun shipping in small numbers. I will continue to get more info as the week goes on but I have been getting different answers from different people there, which is very frustrating. I do have a video of me shooting the MPX but not sure how to post it. At Shot they also have the 16" solid barel MPX (no muzzle break) on display with the key mod rail. I will get pics of it tomorrow and post it if I can figure out how to do it.
View Quote

Youtube, rookie.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Take it for what it's worth - booth dude at SHOT show said "ramping production end of first quarter and shipping start of second quarter". I have no idea if he actually knows anything.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Well here's another update on the MPX, was told today that 500 MCX's have been shipped to Cabelas and the MPX is due to ship 2nd quarter. Can't seem to get the same answer but the rep did read that off a card he had.

How do I post a pic on here? Have a pic of the 16" MPX carbine I want to post.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Called where I have one on order, they said that some shipped on Saturday from Sig.  Unknown quantity but they had shipping notification in front of them.  Further and larger number shipments are expected sooner than later.
Also telescoping stock not available for conversion to SBR until later.

We will see...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well here's another update on the MPX, was told today that 500 MCX's have been shipped to Cabelas and the MPX is due to ship 2nd quarter. Can't seem to get the same answer but the rep did read that off a card he had.

View Quote

So 3 months from now instead of two weeks? It looks like the MCX took priority.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or the mcx just worked better out of the box
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Yea. The MPX is vaporware. I'd be willing to bet a lot of money it never makes it to the street.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or the MCX came several years before the MPX and has more established operating principles.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Or the MCX came several years before the MPX and has more established operating principles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes you are correct sir. The MPX was developed from the MCX so it has been around longer. The MPX will be coming, they just had a part that was failing and from what I hear at Shot, problem has been fixed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yea. The MPX is vaporware. I'd be willing to bet a lot of money it never makes it to the street.
View Quote

How much money?? Ben Franklin says you're wrong
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:55:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Called where I have one on order, they said that some shipped on Saturday from Sig.  Unknown quantity but they had shipping notification in front of them.  Further and larger number shipments are expected sooner than later.

We will see...
View Quote

So they aren't going to be selling the stock separate or ?  Kind of confused on the wording there.  Considering the current confusion regarding the braces, I'd probably go with the rifle and then SBR it.  More expensive, but I can do it when I get around to it.  

Granted, I have to have the money for it and Sig has to put the product out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:36:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So they aren't going to be selling the stock separate or ?  Kind of confused on the wording there.  Considering the current confusion regarding the braces, I'd probably go with the rifle and then SBR it.  More expensive, but I can do it when I get around to it.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We will see...

Just not right away, since I'm sure they're going to go to production guns. The side folder is more interesting to me at any rate.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Didn't SIG say recently that SBRs we're going to be the easiest way to get an MPX right out of the gate?

I saw one at the Lancer booth yesterday, will try to get confirmation from SIG if the booth is rEmotely accessible.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Was a little confusing.

They will offer the stocks, but some of accessories may lag as they use the parts to build up sell-able MPX.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:24:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Didn't SIG say recently that SBRs we're going to be the easiest way to get an MPX right out of the gate?

I saw one at the Lancer booth yesterday, will try to get confirmation from SIG if the booth is rEmotely accessible.
View Quote

No, how would it be easier? Even Sig has to do a transfer process to the class 3 dealer who is getting the SBR, so it would be much more difficult than just shipping out the pistols first. The SBR is coming, but not first. I saw the same MPX at the Lancer booth today but that was not an SBR, it had the arm brace, which is sold as a pistol.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No, how would it be easier? Even Sig has to do a transfer process to the class 3 dealer who is getting the SBR, so it would be much more difficult than just shipping out the pistols first. The SBR is coming, but not first. I saw the same MPX at the Lancer booth today but that was not an SBR, it had the arm brace, which is sold as a pistol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look, I'm not going to answer for what SIG says. They didn't have any SBRs in their booth, and the only model that had one of the two stocks formerly reserved for the SBRs was the collapsible mounted on a 16" carbine that had a screwed up looking flashier integrally machined on the end of the barrel. I gotta say that I'm out now that I have seen the mpx in person, I'm disappointed and it's a function of expectations on my part exceeding reality. If a factory suppressed SBR is offered, I might make an exception, but to be honest there were a shitload of 9mm ARs at the show that are more appealing to me now. Wish It wasn't the case, but there it is. Didn't care for the Skorpion as much as I thought I would either,  this trip is saving me a hell of a lot of money getting to see things in the flesh, and I recommend you guys wait until the MPX gets to your local dealer before putting a deposit on one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#46]
I agree with The Other Dave. Sig has been showing the MPX at SHOT for 3 yrs now. Wait till it come to a dealer near you. If you drop a deposit, you may be holding up money that could get you something else in the meantime. A lot of hype from a lot of MFG's about their SBR/pistols that are "supposed" to be available at SHOT. They are available when you walk into your LGS and there is one in the case.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Look, I'm not going to answer for what SIG says. They didn't have any SBRs in their booth, and the only model that had one of the two stocks formerly reserved for the SBRs was the collapsible mounted on a 16" carbine that had a screwed up looking flashier integrally machined on the end of the barrel. I gotta say that I'm out now that I have seen the mpx in person, I'm disappointed and it's a function of expectations on my part exceeding reality. If a factory suppressed SBR is offered, I might make an exception, but to be honest there were a shitload of 9mm ARs at the show that are more appealing to me now. Wish It wasn't the case, but there it is. Didn't care for the Skorpion as much as I thought I would either,  this trip is saving me a hell of a lot of money getting to see things in the flesh, and I recommend you guys wait until the MPX gets to your local dealer before putting a deposit on one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you didn't look hard enough because Sig does have an MPX SBR on display. It's just to the right as you face the Sig information booth where you get the swag. I actually got to shoot both the MPX select fire and semi SBR at their range day and I am definitely getting one. One of the sweetest 9mm sub guns I ever shot.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:36:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well you didn't look hard enough because Sig does have an MPX SBR on display. It's just to the right as you face the Sig information booth where you get the swag. I actually got to shoot both the MPX select fire and semi SBR at their range day and I am definitely getting one. One of the sweetest 9mm sub guns I ever shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They must have had it some other place on Thursday because it as was there today. Enjoy, I'm a lot more interested in the Angstad as a cheaper option, and WAY more interested in the LWRC when it's available. It's smaller, lighter, will be less prone to baffle strikes when running suppressed, and available in 9mm and .45. delayed blowback is good enough for me, I don't have to have a piston.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:59:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Yea the LWRC looked cool but never had a chance to handle it. Every time I got there, they took the gun in a closed door meeting.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#50]
I got this from Rockwell Arms today about the MCX pistols and rifles.

New Sig Sauer MCX Rifle and Pistol! Available for Order Now. Sig is telling us that these should be ready to ship out in the next 4-8 weeks. Get your order in now to get on the first shipments!

https://www.rockwellarms.com/store/products/Rifles?Sig-Sauer=True
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top