Page / 31
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I feel this topic has come to and end
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey cops... Let you in on a little secret... This whole 2 weeks joke is not from sig over the mpx. It's grown into a industry joke over the years.

View Quote

I thought Karen/AAC started it?

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#3]
something in this tread reminds me of Anglo American arms debut of the Leitener Wise 22lr upper

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Trust me, after I get done with them at Shot Show, they better be released. One thing I can't stand in this world is a liar and that is exactly what Sig Sauer did last Shot Show. "Oh they are in production and will be released in Feb". That was an outright lie. Better to say time frame is unknown than the bullshit they said. I know Sig Sauer doesn't owe me anything, but its just frustrating to want something and be told a date, then a year later still nothing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/akethan/media/baddass_zps887e3aa2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/akethan/baddass_zps887e3aa2.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trust me, after I get done with them at Shot Show, they better be released. One thing I can't stand in this world is a liar and that is exactly what Sig Sauer did last Shot Show. "Oh they are in production and will be released in Feb". That was an outright lie. Better to say time frame is unknown than the bullshit they said. I know Sig Sauer doesn't owe me anything, but its just frustrating to want something and be told a date, then a year later still nothing.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/akethan/media/baddass_zps887e3aa2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/akethan/baddass_zps887e3aa2.jpg</a>

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey , the Glock told me over and over again they would NEVER produce a .380 for this market , stop by and bitch slap him also.

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Will do
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea and don't ever forget it
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Cops66- you must be someone VERY important to boast the way you do. A lot of MFG's say they are coming out with stuff "this year", then they get to the production stage and OOPPS, its going to take longer and cost more money then they originally said. Just my opinion, but you may want to tame it down a bit. I have been in the business long enough to know. I also have contacts in most of the MFG's that are the "people in the know"   I got to shoot the HK VP9 serial # 001 (production prototype)  8 months before they showed it at SHOT, and it still took 8 months to get to the dealers. I saw pics of the MPX 10 months before they announced it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No not really until recently. I normally have issued weapons and the ones I do get for personal use/collecting is never usually an issue. When the Tavor and SCAR were hard to find, I found them, but since sold them. Now the MPX is something I have wanted ever since I first saw it over 3 years ago and this one will be a keeper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He obviously doesn't deal with the gun industry much. This really isn't that rare of a occurrence.

No not really until recently. I normally have issued weapons and the ones I do get for personal use/collecting is never usually an issue. When the Tavor and SCAR were hard to find, I found them, but since sold them. Now the MPX is something I have wanted ever since I first saw it over 3 years ago and this one will be a keeper.

You first saw the MPX at the 2013 SHOT show, which was actually less than 2 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cops66- you must be someone VERY important to boast the way you do. A lot of MFG's say they are coming out with stuff "this year", then they get to the production stage and OOPPS, its going to take longer and cost more money then they originally said. Just my opinion, but you may want to tame it down a bit. I have been in the business long enough to know. I also have contacts in most of the MFG's that are the "people in the know"   I got to shoot the HK VP9 serial # 001 (production prototype)  8 months before they showed it at SHOT, and it still took 8 months to get to the dealers. I saw pics of the MPX 10 months before they announced it.
View Quote

My bad. Its all meant in fun and my apologies if I come across disrespectful, etc. People need to not take everything so serious though, this is a talk group where you can voice opinions, etc.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You first saw the MPX at the 2013 SHOT show, which was actually less than 2 years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He obviously doesn't deal with the gun industry much. This really isn't that rare of a occurrence.

Well in less than 2 weeks it will be the 3rd shot show the MPX has been shown, so that is  where 3 years comes from. Sorry I am not exact.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm still waiting on my SHRIKE.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#14]
And I'm waiting on a semi MP7.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Well the CZ Scorpion Evo has beat the MPX to market. A few dealers already have them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 11:55:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well the CZ Scorpion Evo has beat the MPX to market. A few dealers already have them.
View Quote

Yep and 1 already on Gunjoker
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Getting both, as there are rules that must be followed here!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be nice to be able to get both now, but hopefully soon. I did find out from Sig that the reason the MPX isn't out yet is because of a part breaking prior to the 10K round mark. Sig has been taking the MPX and firing 10K rounds in fully automatic mode and the goal is no stoppages prior to 10K, but they haven't quite been able to get there. They did say it was small part that was breaking and they are almost there getting the MPX to that 10K round point. They also said the consumer version would never see that 10K mark in full automatic and it wouldn't be an issue, but they don't want to release it until it's good to go all the  way around. I know there were other rumors that the MCX was taking priority and that could be part of it, but this is what was said yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It would be nice to be able to get both now, but hopefully soon. I did find out from Sig that the reason the MPX isn't out yet is because of a part breaking prior to the 10K round mark. Sig has been taking the MPX and firing 10K rounds in fully automatic mode and the goal is no stoppages prior to 10K, but they haven't quite been able to get there. They did say it was small part that was breaking and they are almost there getting the MPX to that 10K round point. They also said the consumer version would never see that 10K mark in full automatic and it wouldn't be an issue, but they don't want to release it until it's good to go all the  way around. I know there were other rumors that the MCX was taking priority and that could be part of it, but this is what was said yesterday.
View Quote

Is this the same company that's making and releasing the 556Xi?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes it is.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought that was the story months ago????
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it was, guess they still can't get it to where they want it. If that is indeed the case, I am glad to see them getting it right before releasing it compared to what I heard Sig used to do.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yes it is.
View Quote

Whooooosh
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#25]
This product may never come to market - MPX SA version still doesn't work.  If they haven't been able to figure out the fix by now, I am doubting that they will.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This product may never come to market - MPX SA version still doesn't work.  If they haven't been able to figure out the fix by now, I am doubting that they will.
View Quote

I have faith that it will come to the market at some point.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I have no doubt. I would ask Santini if he knows of any other gun that has come this far and didnt get built.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah I have no doubt. I would ask Santini if he knows of any other gun that has come this far and didnt get built.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed buddy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like the CZ EVO is selling twice what MSRP is on Gunbroker, what a joke. There is 3 on there now and I sure hope the MPX is here soon as the CZ is going to hurt their sales a little.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Sig should take a page from SilencerCo's playbook.

Announce new product, secretly ship a large quantity of them to reseller and at bottom of Press Release... "oh btw, these are here instock ready to be sold"

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Sig should take a page from SilencerCo's playbook.

Announce new product, secretly ship a large quantity of them to reseller and at bottom of Press Release... "oh btw, these are here instock ready to be sold"

View Quote

I think developing and selling a new firearm requires more investment capital than a suppressor. They kinda need to draw attention to it in order to elevate interest to bring in the LEO contracts that are probably required to get a new platform like this off the ground.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Looks like the CZ EVO is selling twice what MSRP is on Gunbroker, what a joke. There is 3 on there now and I sure hope the MPX is here soon as the CZ is going to hurt their sales a little.
View Quote

I see one for 900 and one for 1000.  1700 would be "twice MSRP." The only joke is your posting.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I see one for 900 and one for 1000.  1700 would be "twice MSRP." The only joke is your posting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One already did sell for twice the MSRP and the other 2 will as well by the end of the auction. So before you start talking shit go check yourself.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

One already did sell for twice the MSRP and the other 2 will as well by the end of the auction. So before you start talking shit go check yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Highest I saw was 1250 was there one higher??
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats the highest one I saw as well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Nevermind. This is a tech forum.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Okay, buddy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the first one had gone for double MSRP or close to it. Not trying to create waives here. I am sure the first MPX's will be the same way on GB. I will just wait until the supply and demand slows down.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Okay, buddy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, buddy.

Give or take I guess
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Hopefully I can report some good news from Shot Show. I know Sig is really pushing the MCX (see link below) currently and not much said about the MPX.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/01/12/sig-sauer-unveils-next-evolution-rifle-technology-sig-mcx/
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hopefully I can report some good news from Shot Show. I know Sig is really pushing the MCX (see link below) currently and not much said about the MPX.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/01/12/sig-sauer-unveils-next-evolution-rifle-technology-sig-mcx/
View Quote

2 weeks
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 1:22:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

2 weeks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 weeks

Now when you say it, it will happen. You going to Shot?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 weeks

Heck no I left the industry for a real job a few years back

Now that I'm just a rubber necker i sure don't appreciate the new during the week format I'm sure those still working it appreciate it though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Agreed buddy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed buddy.

Google Help for those with groundless faith

Remington R51

Anything made by Vulcan Arms?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Remington R51

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed buddy.

Remington R51

The R51 has been a debacle for sure. Your first link is a little misleading because several of those guns worked but we're just sales failures like the Smith 53 and the Etronix 700. Not really the same as what we are seeing here. The Winchester 59 used technology ahead of its time but poorly applied and they made over 80,000 according to the article so it doesn't really fit. The. We have the gyrojet and similar gun that used rocket type propellant which was unheard of then so not exactly a good fit for your argument either.

If that's the best you can come up with I say I win. This is a huge company with huge resources bringing a system that uses proven technology to the market. I would be happy to be on whether or not it makes it to the market
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Huge company with huge resources that can't seem to bring an unproven (SA) system to market is what you are actually seeing.  But rather than waste time trying to argue that your koolaid glass is haif empty, I leave my reserved mpx for you while I move on to purchasing something that actual exists.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#47]
No koolaid just a long time dealing with this stuff on both sides. I agreed that the r51 was a trainwreck but then again so was the original. It was not a proven system or platform so once again not quite the same. I am as frustrated as anyone but I think if just assume them get the kinks worked out as I have been on the receiving end of a problem gun and it sucks.

I was serious about a wager. Could be as little as a dollar
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#48]
The wholesaler I frequently deal with just had his prepaid MPX order that he wrote the check on at 2014 SHOT cancelled because SIG still has no eta and obviously no clue when it will get an ETA.  I in turn just got my deposit back from the wholesaler.  I hope SIG figures it out, I really wanted one.  ALASKANFIRE, if you end up with one in 2015 I am good for that dollar. Just message me with the good news.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The wholesaler I frequently deal with just had his prepaid MPX order that he wrote the check on at 2014 SHOT cancelled because SIG still has no eta and obviously no clue when it will get an ETA.  I in turn just got my deposit back from the wholesaler.  I hope SIG figures it out, I really wanted one.  ALASKANFIRE, if you end up with one in 2015 I am good for that dollar. Just message me with the good news.
View Quote

I'm sorry, not calling you a liar but I call BS on that one. Sig even has new MPX advertisements in some of the gun magazines. The gun is coming and not to long from now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I'm sorry, not calling you a liar but I call BS on that one. Sig even has new MPX advertisements in some of the gun magazines. The gun is coming and not to long from now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Vaporware is more common than you'd think in this industry.

Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top