Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Sig Sauer just posted "These are in production now and going through the final quality control and function tests. We hope to have a shipping update in the very near future." on their Facebook page. They also commented "SIG MPX-P and SBRs will be some of the first available. The fastest way will be to buy it as an SBR.".

It should be any day (2 weeks) now!

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:04:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Did I do that correctly?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sig Sauer just posted "These are in production now and going through the final quality control and function tests. We hope to have a shipping update in the very near future." on their Facebook page. They also commented "SIG MPX-P and SBRs will be some of the first available. The fastest way will be to buy it as an SBR.".
[/img]

View Quote

Which would require an ATF paper Form 4, and would then put the rifle in NFA jail for a 6-7 month approval time.

But how long until we see the MPX-P pistol? (Which we can buy, possess and shoot immediately, then file on an ATF e-Form 1 to make an SBR, currently an approximately 40 day approval time).

If only someone, anyone, could confirm some kind of shipping date for ANY MPX model...  I'm about to start an MP5 project, but would hold off if we had some solid info on the arrival of the MPX in any form.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Which would require an ATF paper Form 4, and would then put the rifle in NFA jail for a 6-7 month approval time.

But how long until we see the MPX-P pistol? (Which we can buy, possess and shoot immediately, then file on an ATF e-Form 1 to make an SBR, currently an approximately 40 day approval time).

If only someone, anyone, could confirm some kind of shipping date for ANY MPX model...  I'm about to start an MP5 project, but would hold off if we had some solid info on the arrival of the MPX in any form.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[/url]

Word is soon after the 2015 Shot Show but they said the same thing this last shot show, so who the fuck knows. I think we have a better chance at seeing the second coming of Jesus (rapture) before we see these MPX's.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Word is soon after the 2015 Shot Show but they said the same thing this last shot show, so who the fuck knows. I think we have a better chance at seeing the second coming of Jesus (rapture) before we see these MPX's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
[/url]

Which I why I'm considering investing $2-3K in a 50 year old platform!  I've always wanted an MP5, and I am now doubting the fecundity of its supposed next-gen successor.  So why not go for the proven platform?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:01:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Which I why I'm considering investing $2-3K in a 50 year old platform!  I've always wanted an MP5, and I am now doubting the fecundity of its supposed next-gen successor.  So why not go for the proven platform?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

[/url]

Regardless of what new whiz bang 9mm carbine Sig releases, or any other company (CZ) for that matter, every gun collector should have at least an A2 or A3 HK94 or clone.  But they are addicting...H&K's in general.  And if you get a -94 variant you should probably get an -89 (K model) variant while you're at it.

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Only 2 more weeks
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Only 2 more weeks
View Quote

How about in 2 weeks you kiss my "ASS".
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Personal Attack on me???  I only repeated was has been said in the thread for months.  I suggest you back off instead of getting all butt hurt  GEEZ
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Personal Attack on me???  I only repeated was has been said in the thread for months.  I suggest you back off instead of getting all butt hurt  GEEZ
View Quote

i'll kiss it..... in 2 more weeks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Should say 2 weeks later.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was all in fun
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 4:11:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey Guys in( two more weeks) it will be JANUARY 2015 PARTY  LIKE YOU GOT YOUR MPX
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It was all in fun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was all in fun

Was not funny at all and a COC violation.  This forum is a wonderful place and would hate to see you get banned by trolling hateful comments to another member here
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Was not funny at all and a COC violation.  This forum is a wonderful place and would hate to see you get banned by trolling hateful comments to another member here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was all in fun

Whatever, it was not a personal attack, it was supposed to be humor, but if I hurt your fellings, I do apologize. But your 2 weeks comment might have been humerous like 20 pages ago. You or anyone else want to ban me for my comment, go right ahead as I could really care less. Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#18]
He is accusing you of violating his COC. This just got serious.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Please don't let this thread get locked for purse swinging.  I am really looking forward to being the first guy to post a pic of a personally owned MPX in this thread!
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Please don't let this thread get locked for purse swinging.  I am really looking forward to being the first guy to post a pic of a personally owned MPX in this thread!
View Quote

What did the Sig rep say?
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

13 more days.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. I hope to have some good info for everyone after I talk to reps at Shot.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Agreed. I hope to have some good info for everyone after I talk to reps at Shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah okay, jagdkommando actually works for a Sig distributor and is credible.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#24]
They are coming I know, but probably after Shot Show. My prediction is 2 weeks after
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#25]
there is a full page mpx ad in the January American Rifleman magazine
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I sure hope the production model MPX looks like the current prototype. I saw a pic of the commercial production MCX called the blackmamba and I am not impressed. the prototypes looked much better.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey I just picked up my MPX.... pics to follow
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#28]
NOT!
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#29]
good one
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#30]
here is a nice pic of my new mpx!!

look real hard you might image it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#32]
What's up with that hand guard?  Redesigned?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

FWIW that's an MCX, but yes it looks like a skeletonized keymod. I prefer the older style myself.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

FWIW that's an MCX, but yes it looks like a skeletonized keymod. I prefer the older style myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's part of the weight cutting effort. I airways found the MCX to be heavier than it should have been.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's part of the weight cutting effort. I airways found the MCX to be heavier than it should have been.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do like the cuts on the top rail, and the skeletonizing, just not a huge fan of keymod.

Would look awesome with MLOK cuts.

ETA: Glad to see they are being proactive with the redesigns. The ACR could have used similar treatment.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like they changed the whole upper receiver from the other MCX pics floating around out there. I really liked the MCX from what I could see of it and now I  really don't like the changes they did to the production MCX and could care less about getting one. The MCX now just looks cheap. I sure hope they don't change the production MPX from what it looks like now.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Well I was hoping to see an MPX under the Christmas tree this morning, but no such luck.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Is that a suppressor in the bottom picture?  What are they using to secure it there?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Looks like they changed the whole upper receiver from the other MCX pics floating around out there. I really liked the MCX from what I could see of it and now I  really don't like the changes they did to the production MCX and could care less about getting one. The MCX now just looks cheap. I sure hope they don't change the production MPX from what it looks like now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheap looking or not, it was developed and refined by some former hard core door kickers specifically for the worlds best door kickers.

Quoted:
Is that a suppressor in the bottom picture?  What are they using to secure it there?

Yes. I think it's just sitting there. It's some sort of taper threaded mount, there was an article on it on Soldier Systems.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#40]
new marketing site:

Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Well I'm a door kicker myself and I don't like it. The prototype looked awesome and for them to save a few ounces of weight, make it look awful now. I understand that it will still run like intended and great for 300 blackout, but I only use 5.56/223, so it wont do anything more than my Colt or M400 will except maybe run cleaner. Like I said, I hope they don't basterize the MPX as well.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

That's been up for a few months already
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well I'm a door kicker myself and I don't like it. The prototype looked awesome and for them to save a few ounces of weight, make it look awful now. I understand that it will still run like intended and great for 300 blackout, but I only use 5.56/223, so it wont do anything more than my Colt or M400 will except maybe run cleaner. Like I said, I hope they don't basterize the MPX as well.
View Quote

The prototypes needed more than just a few ounces cut.

The gun runs and is an evolutionary improvement over the standard AR. It's not going to give the 5.56 magical properties, but it had almost no recoil and runs high pressure heavy grain rounds and cheap garbage import ammo nearly identically. It runs clean and runs regardless of the environment.

It's the most gas efficient gun to date.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The gun runs and is an evolutionary improvement over the standard AR. It's not going to give the 5.56 magical properties, but it had almost no recoil and runs high pressure heavy grain rounds and cheap garbage import ammo nearly identically. It runs clean and runs regardless of the environment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I Don't dought that. I will wait and get hands on when I am at Shot. Can you confirm or deny if the MPX is staying the same as what the current prototype is showing?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I Don't dought that. I will wait and get hands on when I am at Shot. Can you confirm or deny if the MPX is staying the same as what the current prototype is showing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No idea. I left there in March so I don't know the latest. So the production versions have had pictures on the assembly line so I'd go by those. The MPX wasnt in need of a weight reduction like the MCX though.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#46]

That looks awesome.

I really hope Exeter can deliver the MCX as a top-tier firearm without the QC/QA issues that have plagued their other non M4-based rifles. I will never again be an early adopter of Exeter-produced guns after my experience with the 556 series, though I am very very eager for the release of the MCX. If they prove reliable and well executed, I will certainly own one or more.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No idea. I left there in March so I don't know the latest. So the production versions have had pictures on the assembly line so I'd go by those. The MPX wasnt in need of a weight reduction like the MCX though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the 8" MPX with retractable stock is right around 6lb?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#48]
So I assume that these will be at the Shot Show next month?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:49:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So I assume that these will be at the Shot Show next month?
View Quote

If your referring to the MPX, yes they will be there. They have been for the last 3 years.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#50]
3 weeks until the 2015 Shot Show and still no fricken MPX.....Very depressing.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top