Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Great. Thank you. It is a great gun. I kinda want to wait to see how the court case goes before I jump in.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#2]
NP. I plan on buying the pistol version as soon as it is released and then hopefully the carbine that I can register for the suppressor tube . Lets hope Sig comes out victorious on this one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Some new photos in The Truth About Guns blog. Articles coming soon. Looks like a press event at Sig Academy.

Link
I like the MBUS Pro and Aimpoint on it.

Also a Video on the Sig MCX.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:36:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some new photos in The Truth About Guns blog. Articles coming soon. Looks like a press event at Sig Academy.

Link
I like the MBUS Pro and Aimpoint on it.

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/edmateo50/1397785483_zps6cdb79ec.jpg

Also a Video on the Sig MCX.
View Quote

Glad to see they are using better accessory hardware. I wonder if that has anything to do with Kevin from AAC joining them. Always thought it didn't look good when an otherwise nice rifle has a cheap optic mounted to it.

ETA:

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice slow mo of the MPX firing. I'm surprised the mag wobbles so much.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/meh1dXPtaTA[/youtube]

YouTube Link
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/meh1dXPtaTA

YouTube Link
View Quote

I think that is why they redesigned the magazine a little. See page 1 on this thread.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought the mpx was shipping with some kind of sig branded reflect sight. Is this no longer the case?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I thought the mpx was shipping with some kind of sig branded reflect sight. Is this no longer the case?
View Quote

Not sure why you would want one of those made in China reflex sights. Aimpoint T1 is going on mine.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree. But for the price one of these is going to go for, I could use the money I would make from selling it to some fanboy to offset dome of the cost if it is coming with the gun anyway.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Very true, good point. I guess you could always use it on airsoft as well. lol
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I too would like to have seen a different charging handle setup.  It's not a deal-breaker for me at all, but I would rather have a side charging handle - more along the line of a MP5
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I too would like to have seen a different charging handle setup.  It's not a deal-breaker for me at all, but I would rather have a side charging handle - more along the line of a MP5
View Quote

I agree, but I understand that they probably think they will be able to sell more with the argument that cops will not have learn a new manual of arms. Is the charging handle reduced size or will I be able to substitute a BCM gunfighter?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I agree, but I understand that they probably think they will be able to sell more with the argument that cops will not have learn a new manual of arms. Is the charging handle reduced size or will I be able to substitute a BCM gunfighter?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Due to how the operating system works the CH is not standard.

The MPX/MCX have the AR manual of arms because 99.99% of professional users are trained on M4s and other AR platforms. It was a technical decision made by the serious end users that work in the developmental group that designed the weapons.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The MPX/MCX have the AR manual of arms because 99.99% of professional users are trained on M4s and other AR platforms. It was a technical decision made by the serious end users that work in the developmental group that designed the weapons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  Understood.  Just a personal preference on my part is all.  Smart move for Sig.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Why is everyone so into the side charging handle? Most people that have real world experience with like say the MP5 don't like the side charging handle as it gets hung up in gear. There is a reason that most HK weapons as of late and after the MP5, HK91/93, etc don't have side charging handles anymore.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why is everyone so into the side charging handle? Most people that have real world experience with like say the MP5 don't like the side charging handle as it gets hung up in gear. There is a reason that most HK weapons as of late and after the MP5, HK91/93, etc don't have side charging handles anymore.
View Quote

I dont love HK charging handles(or most folding handles for that matter) but love the FAL left side chargers. Like I said earlier it is easier for me to manipulate a side charger especially when shouldered.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#17]
MPX needs a better stock for the stocked versions, in the worst way.  That telescoping stock is horrible.  Overall I was underwhelmed.

I also can't fathom why they can't just make a 16" barrel instead of the massive "muzzle break" version and get a Title I carbine onto the market.  Although no one would buy it at the price they're going to want for them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
MPX needs a better stock for the stocked versions, in the worst way.  That telescoping stock is horrible.  Overall I was underwhelmed.

I also can't fathom why they can't just make a 16" barrel instead of the massive "muzzle break" version and get a Title I carbine onto the market.  Although no one would buy it at the price they're going to want for them.
View Quote

While I would love for it to be cheaper being that SIg sells everything they make rather easily I imagine a brand new carbine will do just fine. I do agree that a normal 16" barrel would be easy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I actually liked the telescoping stock and spent a lot of time playing with it at Shot Show. It was rugged and well built from what I could see.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I actually liked the telescoping stock and spent a lot of time playing with it at Shot Show. It was rugged and well built from what I could see.
View Quote

The width of the telescoping rods is very wide which puts your head way to the side, in combination with the cheekweld on the round telescoping rods, overall it's pretty atrocious IMO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:12:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The width of the telescoping rods is very wide which puts your head way to the side, in combination with the cheekweld on the round telescoping rods, overall it's pretty atrocious IMO, YMMV, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was afraid of that. The telescoping stock looks pretty awesome. I'll get behind one before I make a decision.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#22]
The telescoping stock is a little harder to open and close than the side folder. If I could have an SBR, I would go side folder if the length of pull felt good.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#23]
The truth about guns just released a review. The 2nd photo is a MCX

Article
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The truth about guns just released a review. The 2nd photo is a MCX

Article
View Quote

Tested up to 2000rpm!

The MCX definitely looks interesting. Glad to see they are still going forward with it even though it does seem to directly compete with the 556xi.

http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/2014/04/17/on-the-range-with-sig-sauers-mcx-black-mamba/
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll be buying a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Come on Sig! Factory SBR damnit!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't mind if they did something like this though.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think that is why they redesigned the magazine a little. See page 1 on this thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/meh1dXPtaTA

YouTube Link

I finally found a higher res photo. Looks like the newer design with the triangle hump on the back.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#31]

They have had various versions of the MPX on their website for a while now. Are they in stock?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:27:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1000!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They have had various versions of the MPX on their website for a while now. Are they in stock?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Go to your local store and check. Not available online.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be rather difficult since I don't have one.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#35]
My LGS just informed me that a very large and well known distributor just told them that the civilian MPX including the pistol is on indefinite hold. I sure hope that is not the case.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My LGS just informed me that a very large and well known distributor just told them that the civilian MPX including the pistol is on indefinite hold. I sure hope that is not the case.
View Quote

Hope not. Screams of ATF getting their panties in a wad over the muzzle device lawsuit if true. Wonder if they are saying it's "too easy to convert to full auto" or some such nonsense.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Two weeks from now will they say one got released somehow and you can preorder it for twice MSRP?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:14:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hope not. Screams of ATF getting their panties in a wad over the muzzle device lawsuit if true. Wonder if they are saying it's "too easy to convert to full auto" or some such nonsense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think it is for the ability to easily convert to full  auto, then all the thousands of AR's out there would be in the same catagory. Hope it is just bad info.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did they say why?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#40]
If I were sig and I had confidence in my case against the ATF, I would stop with my plan B and go back to my plan A in preparation for winning the case. I would not tool up for a pistol when no one will buy it and everyone will want the Rifle with the funky muzzle brake. At least that is how I am  thinking about my purchase and how I would act if I were sig, which I am obviously not.   Maybe it is as inacquious as that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:22:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Did they say why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did they say why?

They did not say why. I even said it was probably just the carbine that's in lawsuit right now and I was told it was on hold for the pistols as well. Hope it's just BS because I really want one of these badly.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:28:14 AM EDT
[#42]
What lawsuit?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What lawsuit?
View Quote

Sig Sauer has a lawsuit against the BATFE for not allowing the MPX carbine with the "muzzle break" from being sold the way it was intended. So I hope Sig wins this one, but not holding my breath.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/04/foghorn/sig-sauer-sues-atf-calling-muzzle-brake-silencer/
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If I were sig and I had confidence in my case against the ATF, I would stop with my plan B and go back to my plan A in preparation for winning the case. I would not tool up for a pistol when no one will buy it and everyone will want the Rifle with the funky muzzle brake. At least that is how I am  thinking about my purchase and how I would act if I were sig, which I am obviously not.   Maybe it is as inacquious as that.
View Quote

I would guess that most people would prefer a short barrel than can use a suppressor they already own.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I would guess that most people would prefer a short barrel than can use a suppressor they already own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consider me in that boat with the short barrels. I might buy the rifle version as well just for them going after the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm definitely in for a SBR and probably a pistol too. I sure hope that Sig gets these to market soon. I've had my fill of "vaporware" gun stuff for a while.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm definitely in for a SBR and probably a pistol too. I sure hope that Sig gets these to market soon. I've had my fill of "vaporware" gun stuff for a while.
View Quote

The only reason we really have vapors are is because between how demanding we are that all these companies keep us updated to the second and the ability to spread word through the internet.

Used to be you might get a little teaser but companies never used to put pre production stuff up so early. These threads are a perfect example. At least half a dozen threads with nothing but speculation. I just wait till I start seeing them on gunbroker and go from there
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The only reason we really have vapors are is because between how demanding we are that all these companies keep us updated to the second and the ability to spread word through the internet.

Used to be you might get a little teaser but companies never used to put pre production stuff up so early. These threads are a perfect example. At least half a dozen threads with nothing but speculation. I just wait till I start seeing them on gunbroker and go from there
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  I think I'd rather not have the teasers in the first place, to be honest.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I like them because it gives me some time to save my pennies.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:39:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Ha!  You make a good point.  I just don't have the patience to wait for an unknown length of time.  I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a new gun coming out.  This MPX is just so cool!

Quoted:
I like them because it gives me some time to save my pennies.
View Quote
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top