BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:12:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where did you get that piece of information from? Sig lists 4.5" semi-auto models in their IOP program.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
With the CZ at $850 I'll wait for the 4.5" K-version of the MPX to be released. I'm not going to pay a premium just so I could toss the longer barrel and hand guard that I don't want. The CZ should hold me over while I wait for the form 1 to come back.

Good luck on that. The MPX with 4.5" barrel is going to be select fire only. Like I have been saying, your going to have to buy the barrel kit.

Where did you get that piece of information from? Sig lists 4.5" semi-auto models in their IOP program.

That's funny because I was told no IOP pricing on the semi only MPX and now you say there is. Maybe the 4.5" then will just by LEO only because nowhere else is the 4.5" listed even in the 2014 Sig Sauer catalog. Only listed the 8" pistol, 8" pistol with arm brace and 8" SBR. No 4.5" listed anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:14:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's funny because I was told no IOP pricing on the semi only MPX and now you say there is. Maybe the 4.5" then will just by LEO only because nowhere else is the 4.5" listed even in the 2014 Sig Sauer catalog. Only listed the 8" pistol, 8" pistol with arm brace and 8" SBR. No 4.5" listed anywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
With the CZ at $850 I'll wait for the 4.5" K-version of the MPX to be released. I'm not going to pay a premium just so I could toss the longer barrel and hand guard that I don't want. The CZ should hold me over while I wait for the form 1 to come back.

Good luck on that. The MPX with 4.5" barrel is going to be select fire only. Like I have been saying, your going to have to buy the barrel kit.

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/CmsContent/documents/2014-LE-GOV-Price%20List.pdf
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:20:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:29:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Granted that info is several months old, but I don't see any reason why they would drop the 4.5" models, just that they wouldn't be part of the initial run.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:34:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/CmsContent/documents/2014-LE-GOV-Price%20List.pdf

I guess I am paying 1307.00 for the 8" pistol which I will SBR. Not a bad price.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:29:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I dont understand how anyone can comment on which models will be available when not a single production gun has hit the street. Sometimes these threads just get silly. Even their own price lists frequently change down the road.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:41:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I dont understand how anyone can comment on which models will be available when not a single production gun has hit the street. Sometimes these threads just get silly. Even their own price lists frequently change down the road.
View Quote

I guess it's called "faith"
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Just checking in so you guys have someone to bash besides Sig
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:37:41 AM EDT
[#9]
bash sig never
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:29:08 PM EDT
[#10]
This was just posted on the Sig forum.

quote:
Quoted:
quote:
Quoted:
There are some A-holes on ar15 saying Kevin Brittingham said there will be a 10mm version.  Roll Eyes

We will see.  Razz

my fingers are crossed.

I can confirm that there are no plans for a .45 or 10mm MPX at this time. Kevin was joking.

I did receive notification that SIG will be shipping demo MPXs to media reps. I'll be doing an in-depth review once I get my T&E sample.

The media getting some production copies should be considered a good sign for those who want their own personal copies.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:45:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This was just posted on the Sig forum.

quote:
Quoted:
quote:
Quoted:
There are some A-holes on ar15 saying Kevin Brittingham said there will be a 10mm version.  Roll Eyes

We will see.  Razz

my fingers are crossed.

I can confirm that there are no plans for a .45 or 10mm MPX at this time. Kevin was joking.

I did receive notification that SIG will be shipping demo MPXs to media reps. I'll be doing an in-depth review once I get my T&E sample.

The media getting some production copies should be considered a good sign for those who want their own personal copies.
View Quote

Wait, I thought they were shipping to distributors.......in two weeks.......like two weeks ago.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Lol. The MPX is never gonna come out at this rate.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bet the 10mm MPX ships before the 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's quiet entertaining watching the whole MPX thing pan out..........we keep hearing "two more weeks", but I lost interest in buying an MPX for now, due to hearing "two more weeks" for the past 2 months..........I just bought $1700 worth of suppressors, so my MPX money is gone until next year.

I'm honestly betting that the CZ EVO is out before the MPX, however I could be mistaken.

I'm very interested in the MPX......but not if it keeps getting pushed back over and over and over again.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's quiet entertaining watching the whole MPX thing pan out..........we keep hearing "two more weeks", but I lost interest in buying an MPX for now, due to hearing "two more weeks" for the past 2 months..........I just bought $1700 worth of suppressors, so my MPX money is gone until next year.

I'm honestly betting that the CZ EVO is out before the MPX, however I could be mistaken.

I'm very interested in the MPX......but not if it keeps getting pushed back over and over and over again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am curious about the CZ Evo. I had no idea about it until this thread, can it be SBR'd?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I am curious about the CZ Evo. I had no idea about it until this thread, can it be SBR'd?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All that's ever been shown in the EVO is a short barrel. It'll ship as a pistol, which you can then SBR to put the stock on. Unlike the typical get the long barrel and then cut it down. Yes, it should be possible to SBR it, although we don't know if the stocks will be available or if there will be a modification or block that needs to be altered in order to fit it on.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
All that's ever been shown in the EVO is a short barrel. It'll ship as a pistol, which you can then SBR to put the stock on. Unlike the typical get the long barrel and then cut it down. Yes, it should be possible to SBR it, although we don't know if the stocks will be available or if there will be a modification or block that needs to be altered in order to fit it on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And working out that pesky 922r issue once you SBR it since that is still a gray area.  Although the EVO's, if they are as popular as I think they will be, will have tons of aftermarket support.  And I thought these MPX's were ready to ship out....not go to "reviewers" for T&E....what a joke.  But thank you to all the fanboy's who continued to bash me while I called a spade a spade.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#18]
2 more weeks Turkish.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Once you SBR a weapon and it falls under NFA, 922 no longer applies, no gray area to it. As far as folding stocks for the EVO pistol is concerened, you just remove the back plate and attach the folding stock, to easy. Problem is, where to find the stocks. I have not seen them available or for sale anywhere. I am sure they will be available in the future.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Once you SBR a weapon and it falls under NFA, 922 no longer applies, no gray area to it. As far as folding stocks for the EVO pistol is concerened, you just remove the back plate and attach the folding stock, to easy. Problem is, where to find the stocks. I have not seen them available or for sale anywhere. I am sure they will be available in the future.
View Quote

This was my understanding of 922 as well but I am no expert.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
2 more weeks Turkish.
View Quote

It was 2 more weeks 5 weeks ago! Bollocks, I'm out of here.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2 more weeks Turkish.

Shit, I was told 2 weeks back at the Shot Show. It is what it is. However with the Jan release of the CZ EVO and the low MSRP, I think since SIg took their sweet ass time trying to get the MPX out, it's going to really hurt their sales. I have been reading on other boards that people are going to buy the CZ EVO and saying screw it to the Sig MPX. Hope you read these threads Sig because I think you are going to miss the boat on this one.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:00:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Shit, I was told 2 weeks back at the Shot Show. It is what it is. However with the Jan release of the CZ EVO and the low MSRP, I think since SIg took their sweet ass time trying to get the MPX out, it's going to really hurt their sales. I have been reading on other boards that people are going to buy the CZ EVO and saying screw it to the Sig MPX. Hope you read these threads Sig because I think you are going to miss the boat on this one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
2 more weeks Turkish.

I've actually gone the other direction, which is strange as I have liked the Evo for a long time.

If SIG makes a factory SBR available, I'm in.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:32:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
ATF has written letters both ways...

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well since ATF/NFA Branch is approving your form 1 and if they approve it for the CZ EVO, I assume your GTG.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Well since ATF/NFA Branch is approving your form 1 and if they approve it for the CZ EVO, I assume your GTG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once again them approving the form has nothing to do with the legalities of your build.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Meh.... I spent my MPX money on a 7.62 can and a 8.5" .300BLK SBR, going to build a Leonidas clone. If the MPX ever does come out and proves a good weapon... I'll buy one when all the barrel kits are available. I'll check back in about a year
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Once again them approving the form has nothing to do with the legalities of your build.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course it does. They aren't going to approve something that is illegal.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Have you ever done a form 1 none of that is discussed or mentioned on the form.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be 922r compliant if you put enough U.S. made parts in it so why would they disapprove the Form 1? It's your responsibility to make it legal.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes I have done a form 1 and the NFA branch isn't goin to approve anything that would make possession illegal. 922 does not apply if you make your CZ EVO for example into an SBR. If 922 did apply then your from 1 would be denied. There are currently no after market US made parts that I am aware of so the NFA branch knows this and would not approve it if required. Trust me, most of these examiners are up on the current weapon trends out there and when they see a rash of form 1's come in, they would know if US parts were available, but since making a import weapon an SBR, 922 does not apply so it's a mute point.

Hopefully I explained that right.

I once converted a Benelli M4 shotgun into a 14" short barreled shotgun and when I did my Form 1, I did not need any US made parts to make it legal under NFA.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Aftermarket parts availability has nothing to do with it. I'm a machinist with an assoc. degree in gunsmithing. Every custom gun part I make from scratch is 922r compliant.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:10:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Aftermarket parts availability has nothing to do with it. I'm a machinist with an assoc. degree in gunsmithing. Every custom gun part I make from scratch is 922r compliant.
View Quote

Your not getting what I am trying to say. 922(r) does not apply after you have made a registered SBR. But you go ahead and make all the parts you want.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:35:56 AM EDT
[#35]
I guess you have the letter that requires even NFA weapons to comply with 922(r). I guess if that letter (2009) still holds true, I will not be purchasing a CZ EVO. I would only want one if I could SBR it. Oh well, still planned on purchasing an MPX and going the SBR route.

Thanks for the info and who has the other letter contradicting this one?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Holy shit. Some of you guys have no idea when to leave well enough alone. Just on here bullshitting and posting just to do it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:14:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Holy shit. Some of you guys have no idea when to leave well enough alone. Just on here bullshitting and posting just to do it.
View Quote

What do you mean By "bullshitting". Someone starting talking about 922 and some on here were trying to clarify it. I for one was told by the NFA branch when I did my form 1 on the Benelli M4 that 922 did not apply. So as far as "bullshitting" on here I am not. It was a fact.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#38]
It seems that if lawfully imported as a complete pistol and the registrant simply registers the firearm as a SBR and adds a stock, that 922(r) does not apply. Amazingly the 2010 letter specifically asks this question and ATF does not directly answer the question.

The 1994 letter:

The 2006 letter:

The 2010 letter:

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It seems that if lawfully imported as a complete pistol and the registrant simply registers the firearm as a SBR and adds a stock, that 922(r) does not apply. Amazingly the 2010 letter specifically asks this question and ATF does not directly answer the question.

The 1994 letter:

http://i57.tinypic.com/8x5yqb.jpg

The 2006 letter:

http://i62.tinypic.com/jsdi1l.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/mkdqf8.jpg

The 2010 letter:

http://i62.tinypic.com/35ltbop.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/2vcbxqq.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/vu7lv.jpg
View Quote

maybe someone some take these letters and write a new one to the atf asking for definite clarification.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#40]
I also know that you could ask 10 NFA examiners the same question and get 10 different answers. So just take the answer that best suits your needs lol.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

maybe someone some take these letters and write a new one to the atf asking for definite clarification.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 1994 letter:

The 2006 letter:

The 2010 letter:

And the more people write and ask for clarification, the more likely the ATF is to arbitrarily say no.   There is a pretty strongly established precedent.  why fuck with it?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And the more people write and ask for clarification, the more likely the ATF is to arbitrarily say no.   There is a pretty strongly established precedent.  why fuck with it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 1994 letter:

The 2006 letter:

The 2010 letter:

Um lets see, 10 years confinement and or $10,000.00 fine I would hate to be the first and made an example of. Lose my job, gun rights and holy crap the attorney fees that I would have to pay even if I came out the victor. Better safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Um lets see, 10 years confinement and or $10,000.00 fine I would hate to be the first and made an example of. Lose my job, gun rights and holy crap the attorney fees that I would have to pay even if I came out the victor. Better safe than sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 1994 letter:

The 2006 letter:

The 2010 letter:

Thats why I said someone... as in singular - one person. Yes, no one has ever been prosecuted for 922(r) violation that I am aware of, but I would hate to be that person that is made an example of.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Would be better for someone in the industry to write such a letter. Individuals with the desire to write letters need to step back, take deep breath and STOP writing letters.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:03:32 AM EDT
[#45]
How did this thread go from when is the Sig MPX coming out to 922r/ATF letters?  Maybe you guys arguing those points should start another thread
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:36:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
How did this thread go from when is the Sig MPX coming out to 922r/ATF letters?  Maybe you guys arguing those points should start another thread
View Quote

We'll have 922 figured out before this gun hits the shelves
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, you've got two weeks to get it figured out then.

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

It started with the CZ EVO vs the MPX and release dates and then talk about making the CZ EVO an SBR. Then would it violate 922(r). That is how this came to be.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#49]
isn't the mpx made in usa?? then why the 922r? plus I bet the internals are made in usa so no 922r ?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
isn't the mpx made in usa?? then why the 922r? plus I bet the internals are made in usa so no 922r ?
View Quote

Moot point. The MPX won't ever be released at this rate..... Two more weeks...  
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top