Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2017 10:04:55 AM EDT
I am a FFL/SOT, and I wanted to know how to handle guns in my personal collection and the A and D Book

Can I transfer the gun (NFA or not NFA) to myself to get it off the A and D book?  Do I need a 4473?  The business has a business name, not my name

I would like to get all the emptry lines out of my A and D book and show that, at times, I do not have any inventory for sale, so no blank lines

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can transfer guns to yourself.

If your FFL is a sole proprietorship, you do not have to do a 4473. If a corporation or entity holds your FFL, then you do need to do a 4473 to transfer it from the entity to your personal collection.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]
And when I, in my case, do a 4473 to myself, I can remove it out of my A&D book?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And when I, in my case, do a 4473 to myself, I can remove it out of my A&D book?
View Quote
Yes - just like you transferred it to any other person. If you keep it at your licensed premises, have it tagged "not for sale" or otherwise accounted for, so it's clear why it's not on your A&D book if you get audited.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:13:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Under what name is/are the NFA item(s) registered?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am a FFL/SOT, and I wanted to know how to handle guns in my personal collection and the A and D Book
View Quote

If sole proprietor, just write the disposition to "Stryker personal collection".
If corporation, LLC, etc you will need to complete a Form 4473/NICS on yourself (just like any other transferee).

Can I transfer the gun (NFA or not NFA) to myself to get it off the A and D book?  
View Quote
If sole proprietor, the Form 3 or Form 4 was issued to your name and your business name...."Stryker dba Stryker Tactical". No additional tax stamp to move from your A&D book to your personal collection.
If corporation, LLC, etc .....you'll fill out a Form 4 (with fingerprints and passport photos) from your corp, LLC, etc transferring it to you as an individual or to your trust. You'll pay a $200 tax for each NFA firearm. Once ATF returns the stamp you complete a 4473/NICS on yourself before transferring to yourself.

Do I need a 4473?
View Quote
Not if you are a sole proprietor, yes if you are not.

The business has a business name, not my name
View Quote
That is immaterial as sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations and any other business can have multiple "business names".
What matters is who the FFL was issued to.........does that have your name on it as the licensee? If so, you are a sole proprietor. If its to a corporation.....your business is a corporation.....and so on.

I would like to get all the emptry lines out of my A and D book and show that, at times, I do not have any inventory for sale, so no blank lines
View Quote
Just remember to record them as acquisitions if you decide to sell them in the future. (and those NFA firearms will need another tax stamp to go back to your business)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top