Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2017 7:36:07 PM EDT
I am a new FFL in Ct. (had a FFL 20+ years ago also) What is the best way to ship a hangun ? I thought fed Ex was reasonably priced for shipping a handgun (in the past). Yesterday they told me it was $130.00 from CT to OK, supposedly it "was required to go 2nd day air per the government" Any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am a new FFL in Ct. (had a FFL 20+ years ago also) What is the best way to ship a hangun ? I thought fed Ex was reasonably priced for shipping a handgun (in the past). Yesterday they told me it was $130.00 from CT to OK, supposedly it "was required to go 2nd day air per the government" Any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance.
View Quote

USPS
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#2]
This. Regional or flat rate priority. You need to fill out a short form when shipping guns...I don't remember form designation.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This. Regional or flat rate priority. You need to fill out a short form when shipping guns...I don't remember form designation.
View Quote

USPS 1508.

Go to the USPS web site and order a bunch of regional rate boxes.  The regional A2's are just a touch smaller than the medium FRB's and most handguns will fit in them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Great-Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top