Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2017 5:35:13 PM EDT
I'd like to go pick up my yearly blue label allotment from a local blue label dealer for glocks. This will be my first personal purchase since I got my FFL.

My question is, do I need to get a copy of their license and log it into my book and then sign out to myself? Do I need to take a license copy for them or just do a regular old 4473?

Or since its 100% personal use then just go purchase as normal?

Sorry if this has been covered several dozen times already.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you a sole proprietor, or is the FFL in the name of a corporate entity or partnership of some kind?

If you're a sole prop, you can buy it directly on your FFL (to avoid the background check) then check it out to yourself from your bound book. If it's through your entity, your FFL entity may not be eligible for blue label pricing, in which case you'd need to do it as yourself and not involve your FFL entity at all, or you could transfer it from seller to your FFL, then do a 4473 on yourself to transfer it from your FFL entity to yourself personally, if that's what you wanted to do with it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Sole prop. So basically just take a copy of my FFL up when I do it?
And if they don't wanna do it that way, 4473 and log into book on arrival at premises?

Edit: I'm also a CHL so in the past it's just been 4473 and on my way.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sole prop. So basically just take a copy of my FFL up when I do it?
And if they don't wanna do it that way, 4473 and log into book on arrival at premises?

Edit: I'm also a CHL so in the past it's just been 4473 and on my way.
View Quote

As a sole prop, you can do it either way - go get it as an individual on your CHL, or bring your FFL copy and go that route.
Either way, log it into your book after acquiring it, and if it's intended for your personal use, log it immediately out of your book to yourself.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
If you purchase with 4473 then I would not log it in my book, personally.  If I use my FFL then I log it in.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you purchase with 4473 then I would not log it in my book, personally.  If I use my FFL then I log it in.
View Quote

Either Regs/Rule say you log it in. It is also not supposed to xfer 4473, per ATF, but some places freak out over handing some a gun with just a FFL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top