Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2016 12:28:49 AM EDT
Can a dealer purchase a firearm from another dealer the same way any other non FFL licensee would?

Example - Dealer A goes into Dealer B's gun shop and fills out the 4473 and pays for a firearm without stating he is also a dealer? No licenses exchanged just a standard sale like any other customer. Would Dealer A have to state he has a FFL also?
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#1]
No clue although I know one LGS here goes to Academy, Gander, & Cabela's when they have great sales on guns and buy them then sell them for what they sale them for since they cannot get the high volume discount like the big boxes. One reason I don't shop there much yet if I want parts for an AR they are one of the few that have what I am looking for yet does tend to be more with taxes  than I can order online with shipping.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:26:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can a dealer purchase a firearm from another dealer the same way any other non FFL licensee would?
Yes.

Example - Dealer A goes into Dealer B's gun shop and fills out the 4473 and pays for a firearm without stating he is also a dealer?
If Dealer A has his business structure as a corporation or LLC then he does a 4473/NICS when he purchases a firearm for personal use from his own inventory. Sole proprietors do not have to do this.

No licenses exchanged just a standard sale like any other customer. Would Dealer A have to state he has a FFL also?
Nope.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:29:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No clue although I know one LGS here goes to Academy, Gander, & Cabela's when they have great sales on guns and buy them then sell them for what they sale them for since they cannot get the high volume discount like the big boxes. One reason I don't shop there much yet if I want parts for an AR they are one of the few that have what I am looking for yet does tend to be more with taxes  than I can order online with shipping.
View Quote

I have never found a single firearm at a Cabelas or Gander Mtn that couldn't be bought elsewhere for MUCH less. Any LGS that buys retail from Cabelas or GM isn't the brightest bulb in the box.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 1:38:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have never found a single firearm at a Cabelas or Gander Mtn that couldn't be bought elsewhere for MUCH less. Any LGS that buys retail from Cabelas or GM isn't the brightest bulb in the box.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess you are not in Lubbock where any vehicle you buy is at least 2-3K more than any DFW, Austin, or Houston. My step-dad bought a Spider here in Lubbock the full touring one and paid at least $8k more than if he bought it in DFW at any of their dealerships. Same with guns here pretty much. Most don't want to take a day or two trip to find it cheaper just for what gas used to cost. Now that it has gone down it is getting better.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 2:10:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Guess you are not in Lubbock where any vehicle you buy is at least 2-3K more than any DFW, Austin, or Houston. My step-dad bought a Spider here in Lubbock the full touring one and paid at least $8k more than if he bought it in DFW at any of their dealerships. Same with guns here pretty much. Most don't want to take a day or two trip to find it cheaper just for what gas used to cost. Now that it has gone down it is getting better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is this thing called the internet. Some people use it to buy guns.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes but why would you unless the gun is for "you" and not your FFL?  You're going to get hit with sales tax and many POC states have the dealer charge a fee for the background check so you'd pay that too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top