Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2016 12:43:46 PM EDT
I realize I need to do the background check, not trying to circumvent that process.....

I just want to purchase using company funds and have it as an asset of the business.  Its a firearms training company if that makes a difference...
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, there are instructions on the 4473 that indicate the documentation required.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess I'm not seeing that part.  I see something about buying multiple and FFL but I don't have an FFL.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Section A, Question 1, Second paragraph.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Is what you are referencing?

Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are
acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you. (See Instructions for Question 11.a.) Exception: If you are picking up a repaired firearm(s) for another person, you are not required to answer 11.a. and may proceed to question 11.b.

I obviously want to buy the gun and get the background check, I just want it to be an asset of the company.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download
Scroll to page 3 of the 4473.  Look at the bottom of the right column, under Section A, Question 1.  Read paragraph 2 which continues to page 4.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#6]
doh.....thanks.  Not sure how I missed that the first time.

Oh yea.....I have a state of FL GED....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top