Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2016 2:43:39 AM EDT
waiting on my ffl to be processed so I thought I'd ask..

A while back I went to an ffl that had a slick setup for 4473 filing. He had a laptop facing the customer and he had his own station. I filled out my info and then on his side he did the rest and printed out the 4473

Also I'm sure he did his A&D on that same setup.

I'm looking for a simple similar setup but more like using maybe one laptop and just having it turned around for customer to fill and then when done back to me. I got really shitty hand writing so this is the obvious choice. I saw ffl tools but wondering what's the cost for a part timer like me?

My main needs are.

Electronic filling, printing of the 4473
Electronic nics at same time would be nice but nit required.
And of course electronic bound book

Also last thing is I thought I came across something offered by the ATF to do 4473? Am I correct on that?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#1]
FFL Tools will handle everything you're looking to do. Great support as well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FFL Tools will handle everything you're looking to do. Great support as well.
View Quote

I'm hoping I don't need the professional edition correct?

I would need the other 2 editions/options?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
You will need the professional. It's a good deal @ $495. It was one of the first purchases we made when starting up.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#4]
e4473 is also available from the ATF website for free. It's not as feature rich as FFL Tools, but then again it's a free program provided by a government agency.

I know quite a few low to medium volume gun stores that use that as their primary means of 4473 preparation.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
e4473 is also available from the ATF website for free. It's not as feature rich as FFL Tools, but then again it's a free program provided by a government agency.

I know quite a few low to medium volume gun stores that use that as their primary means of 4473 preparation.
View Quote

Does it run the nics check also? I'm wondering can I play around with it without FFL info ? That way I can test it out
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You will need the professional. It's a good deal @ $495. It was one of the first purchases we made when starting up.
View Quote

Ok so what's the non pro version at I think $100 then?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It doesn't work that way. You will need to email Tim to discuss it, but it basically automates your BGCs for the most part as it auto populates the fields in eNICS, so no phone calls needed.

Sometimes you just have to pay to play. Printing out BB pages from Excel is basically free but a lot more time consuming in the long run...
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:44:40 AM EDT
[#8]
In the past few months went from a paper book to several other electronic bound book programs at two locations.

I cannot speak highly enough about Tim from FFL Tools. He has answered his phone every single time we have called and always been polite and extremely willing to help... Even on weekends after hours.

Go FFL Tools or go home. At first I thought $500 was spendy but only a short time later we realized that $500 is a bargain for what he offers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:20:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I downloaded FFL tools to try it out. Installed no problem. Then I tried to give it a whirl said I needed to input store info. I did. Still keeps giving me missing required info so couldn't give it a whirl.

But I can tell you when I emailed my problem he emailed back real quick and said to give him a call. So doing that tomo.

Yea I thought $500 was pricey as well.
But if it makes it easier on me to be more compliant and NOT have to handwrite then it just might be
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:49:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Try EZ Arms Keeper It's been the cats meow for me. Multiple FFL's, e4473, no annual or monthly fee. $350 I run it on a cheap Thinkpad Yoga which has a touch screen that works great for signature capture if you decide to use that e4473 feature. Luke has been johnny-on-the-spot nights, weekends any time I had a question or needed support. Can't say enough good things about the software, it has saved me a lot of time and it's simple to use.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top