Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2016 3:59:27 AM EDT
Hi guys.

I have a small office I operate an unrelated firearms business from. Real office in real office building  

I went ahead and mailed off the complete ATF FFL packet with all the essentials. How long is it usually before I hear something?

And what is it that I would usually hear first?

From IOI about setting up an appt?

Or more like an acknowledgement letter and request for permits etc from city/state etc. luckily my city has no strict requirements. And it's a LARGE city metropolitan.

The state has no problems either. Everything else LLC . EIN . Trade name . City business license. State resale permit. All done. Not my first rodeo starting a business but first dealing with ATF

Dealt with many other govt agencies before for other business. Usually state not federal.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 4:03:51 AM EDT
[#1]
6 to 10 weeks.
ATF be busy, yo.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#2]
The first response you get will be from the IOI asking you to send copies of your business license(s) and an un-redacted copy of your LLCs Operating Agreement. They'll usually setup a time to meet with you at that point.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The first response you get will be from the IOI asking you to send copies of your business license(s) and an un-redacted copy of your LLCs Operating Agreement. They'll usually setup a time to meet with you at that point.
View Quote

I'm what they consider a "Disregarded Entity" being that I'm a one person LLC. At least that's how it's filed by the IRS for the EIN as well as the state for the LLC filing. So there is no operating agreement. Usually I only do that when I have managing members and managers. So if they ask for that's it's gonna be either no fly or a simple one line statement on letter head stating I do EVERYTHING. Lol
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm what they consider a "Disregarded Entity" being that I'm a one person LLC. At least that's how it's filed by the IRS for the EIN as well as the state for the LLC filing. So there is no operating agreement. Usually I only do that when I have managing members and managers. So if they ask for that's it's gonna be either no fly or a simple one line statement on letter head stating I do EVERYTHING. Lol

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It may be as simple as the papers you filed with your state. I am also a single member LLC, but I chose to set it up as a manager managed LLC for the future.

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#5]
New licensee here with few to none state or local requirements for FFL. My card charged in June, license in hand one month to the day later.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:49:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I put on my application 9-5 by appt

Is that gonna be a problem ? I'm not home based but actually based from my office

And I'm already at 45days I think since filing. Maybe I should call someone or something ?

I hope the hours of operation isn't a problem

Can anyone chime in on that?
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Is that gonna be a problem ?...  
View Quote

"9-5 by apt" is nonsensical.
ATF wants "business hours" or the days and times you will devote time and attention to your business. These will be the hours they can use to schedule a compliance inspection.

It is NOT necessarily the hours you may be open to the public.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ATF wants "business hours" or the days and times you will devote time and attention to your business. These will be the hours they can use to schedule a compliance inspection.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I was told by a few others as well regarding the time because to be able to schedule ATF visits etc.

What I meant by 9-5 by appt only was
I'm available from 9-5 for the business but not as in available as a walk in unless I'm there.

So if you were to schedule at appt between 9-5 then no problem but anytime before or after then no dice.

I guess going by what you said I shoulda put 9-5 but I threw in the "by appt" because incase I'm not there.

This isn't going to be a full time gig. Even the main purpose for the office (the original main business) I'm not even there for a constant period either. You might say by appt only lmao

Thanks for responding
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's what I was told by a few others as well regarding the time because to be able to schedule ATF visits etc.

I'm available from 9-5 for the business but not as in available as a walk in unless I'm there.

So if you were to schedule at appt between 9-5 then no problem but anytime before or after then no dice.

I guess going by what you said I shoulda put 9-5 but I threw in the "by appt" because incase I'm not there.

This isn't going to be a full time gig. Even the main purpose for the office (the original main business) I'm not even there for a constant period either. You might say by appt only lmao

Thanks for responding
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for responding

OP same as your other thread...you are way over thinking this shit!  Relax, ATF will get to you when they get to you.  Some people get their interviews right away and some peoples applications take longer due to location or ATF work load.  Did they cash the check?  When you filled out your application you should have put your business hours...9-5...and nothing more.  If the ATF shows up unannounced and your not there (lunch break or running errands) they will either leave their calling card or call you.  They have your phone number.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

OP same as your other thread...you are way over thinking this shit!  Relax, ATF will get to you when they get to you.  Some people get their interviews right away and some peoples applications take longer due to location or ATF work load.  Did they cash the check?  When you filled out your application you should have put your business hours...9-5...and nothing more.  If the ATF shows up unannounced and your not there (lunch break or running errands) they will either leave their calling card or call you.  They have your phone number.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for responding

I know what you are saying but different people have different ideas. With my luck I get the crazy ATF IOI with a stick up his ass.

Lol but thanks for the heads up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top