Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2016 2:32:46 AM EDT
I have a couple of AOW's coming in that need to go to another state.  I have never taken in Items from a taxable source or individual and basically need to know what info on the back of the form 4 I need to fill out.  I would think all I would need to do is sign and date it as the transferee.  I see no reason why I would need to add a photo or get the king to sign off as an SOT.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
The directions are on the F4, but as an FFL/SOT you do not fill out the back.

Be sure to use the new forms.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The directions are on the F4, but as an FFL/SOT you do not fill out the back.

Be sure to use the new forms.
View Quote

Filling out the front was fine.  I just wanted to verify that I wasn't required to do anything with the back side.  Since 2009, these are the first I will be taking in from an individual.  I didn't even consider the new forms.  The guy came to me literally on the 12th with these things.

Now I have another question.  These items will be going out of state to another SOT.  I was always under the impression that SOT to SOT is on a form 3.  But I was just told by another dealer I talked to that because these are on Form 4's, they need to go to the other dealer on a form 4.  This doesn't seem to make sense to me.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Filling out the front was fine.  I just wanted to verify that I wasn't required to do anything with the back side.  Since 2009, these are the first I will be taking in from an individual.  I didn't even consider the new forms.  The guy came to me literally on the 12th with these things.

Now I have another question.  These items will be going out of state to another SOT.  I was always under the impression that SOT to SOT is on a form 3.  But I was just told by another dealer I talked to that because these are on Form 4's, they need to go to the other dealer on a form 4.  This doesn't seem to make sense to me.
View Quote

If you are taking them in from an individual (non-SOT) they come to you on form 4. If you are then sending them to another SOT, they go on Form 3.

The individual you are taking them in from could have sent them directly to the out-of-state FFL on form 4.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you are taking them in from an individual (non-SOT) they come to you on form 4. If you are then sending them to another SOT, they go on Form 3.

The individual you are taking them in from could have sent them directly to the out-of-state FFL on form 4.
View Quote

This is exactly what I thought.  Individual brings items in for out of state transfer, file form 4, pay the tax, wait for forms to come back.  Forms come back, fill out form 3 to transfer to dealer in another state.  Individual buying them fills out form 4 with dealer items were sent to after form 3 clears.

I just had to check because the dealer stated once on a form 4, always on a form 4, and I even though I was pretty sure he is wrong,  I had to double check.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[

View Quote

This I did not know.  I will get in touch with him and let him know so hopefully it speeds the process up for him.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This I did not know.  I will get in touch with him and let him know so hopefully it speeds the process up for him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[

This.  It saves a good 6 months at this point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top