Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2016 2:20:49 PM EDT
Is the transferring SOT required to keep copies of my trust and schedule A or just view it?

thanks
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#1]
No, it's not a requirement. The requirement is for the person picking up the item to sign an affidavit that they are authorized to act on behalf of the trust and attach that to the 4473.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, it's not a requirement. The requirement is for the person picking up the item to sign an affidavit that they are authorized to act on behalf of the trust and attach that to the 4473.
View Quote

Can you cite that from the ATF? This is the first time I have heard of anything like that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#3]
No. The dealer needs to verify to their own satisfaction that an authorized person within the trust was the one they transferred the item to.
They may want to include a copy of a page or two with the name (s) associated with the trust with the 4473 as a cover their ass move but it realy is not needed as it is the end of the process and ATF already has the info on .. XYZ Trust  and associated names.
The dealer realy only needs to verify at the time of transfer the person picking up the item is authorized. The transfer is already approved by way of a tax stamp and form.

No one gets a list of your accets. (Schedule A) including the ATF. Only the qualifying accet in schedule A that funded the trust as per your states rules.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Can you cite that from the ATF? This is the first time I have heard of anything like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In the instructions the next to the last sentence of Exceptions to NICS Check references obtaining the required documentation. You have to read through the code sections referenced, but basically if the exception is because it's an entity, the person filling out the 4473 must certify that he/she is authorized to act on behalf of the entity.

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In the instructions the next to the last sentence of Exceptions to NICS Check references obtaining the required documentation. You have to read through the code sections referenced, but basically if the exception is because it's an entity, the person filling out the 4473 must certify that he/she is authorized to act on behalf of the entity.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anybody have a sample template?
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Send me a PM.

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use this:

I certify that this firearm(s) is being acquired for the use of and will be the property of the entity listed below. I am authorized to act on behalf of the entity listed below.
Name of Entity:_____________________________________________
Address of Entity:___________________________________________