Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2016 7:48:03 PM EDT
I have been thinking about getting my FFL for selling firearms.  However my wife doesn't want people coming to the house for transfers and such.  I am assuming that I will need a storefront to put under my FFL, is that correct?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You will need a location for your business premises.  You must keep your records (bound book and 4473) there, and you may only do business there or at a gun show.  I suppose it's possible that you could list your home as the premises (assuming that zoning/HOA permit it), but only do transfers at a gun show.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 7:55:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm guessing that she doesn't want people IN the house, am I right?
Is there a way for you to set up a basement shop with its own entrance in your house?
That's what I had at my old location.
What does your local zoning and the lot size of your location allow?
I'm working now out of a finished shed on what is a postage sized lot in a village and doing just fine.
If you aren't planning on having a lot of inventory on display, you shouldn't need a ton of square footage
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top