Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2016 12:07:50 PM EDT
I own a large hardware and building materials store.  We are considering expanding into a firearms/ammo/sporting goods niche.  We have been a hardware store for 65 years and our town has a good market for a gun shop as there isn't a decent one around.  This isn't trying to create a gun shop from nothing and going to hire a felon after the fact, we would be putting this section in some space that isn't being used for much.  Is it possible to get an FFL with a felon employed?  These people would have nothing to do with any part of handling firearms.  However, I can certainly understand if that doesn't matter to the ATF.

Please note, I am not looking for any judgments on either issue of selling guns or employing felons, just simply asking the above question.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Will the felon be in the same building where the firearms are stored/sold?

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Huh, how many felons work at Walmart, they sell guns.   Just thinking out loud.  I certainly wouldn't be putting the felon behind the counter or with a set of keys to the firearms.  Perhaps keeping all the firearms in a locked glass case might help?
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#3]
They would be in the same building as the guns but the plan was already to limit access to authorized individuals.

Thank you for putting this into perspective.  I appreciate your time.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Please note, I am not looking for any judgments on either issue of selling guns or employing felons, just simply asking the above question.
View Quote

Simple answer is yes, as long a they are not listed as a responsible party on the application.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top