Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2015 9:53:19 PM EDT
Hey guys, thinking about getting my FFL for a couple years now.  Does my place of business have to be where I live?  I live in one Upstate NY county, and want to open a place in another county.  Is this possible? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys, thinking about getting my FFL for a couple years now.  Does my place of business have to be where I live?  I live in one Upstate NY county, and want to open a place in another county.  Is this possible? Thanks
View Quote

No federal law requires that you live in the same state as your licensed premises (much less the same county).
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Brother!
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 7:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]
As one NY FFL to another potential NY FFL, good luck
We may be in the wrong state for positive gun laws but the shooters here still need someone to go to for their stuff
What county are you thinking of opening up in?
Is this going to be a full time gig for you?
If not, having to drive to an entirely different county may be a problem for you when people want to catch you on short notice for gun and gun stuff purchases
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top