Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2015 3:52:45 PM EDT
Apparently since Sept. 1st wholesalers can only sell Colt guns to "stocking" dealers. doesn't really bother me as I feel their guns are over priced anyway.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Old news, there have been threads on this here already.

One of the ways they plan to improve their sales after filing bankruptcy. I don't really agree with it, but only a couple models from their line were good sellers for me anyway. I ordered a few extra back in August and I'm just selling off that stock.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Getting one of the stripped 6920's for $750 from buds.
that's overpriced?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope that whoever takes that company over closes the doors and moves out of CT and also realizes that you can't depend on gov contracts to pay the bills.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The gun makers who limit sales to stocking dealers only are cutting their own throats.
I can see throwing some bennies at stocking dealers to make it worth their while, but to limit all sales to stocking dealers and then making those stocking dealers buy a bunch of stuff that may or may not move out the door quickly is just dumb
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Stocking dealer for Colt = purchase 3 Colts at a time and presto, you're a stocking dealer..................
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 1:02:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Stocking dealer for Colt = purchase 3 Colts at a time and presto, you're a stocking dealer..................
View Quote
That's it?

Link Posted: 12/9/2015 2:04:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Presto? Of only that were the case.

It's a ten gun minimum order, and must include one from each handgun series and one MSR.

Colt Stocking dealers must have at least four handguns and one rifle on display with the same# in back stock.

http://d163axztg8am2h.cloudfront.net/static/doc/cd/06/f748e1a9e3b694f75f56578c648b.pdf
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#8]
If you need colts, send me an IM and we'll take care of you for minimal scratch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top