Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2015 8:07:31 PM EDT
I JUST got my FFL license today and was curious about eForm 4473.
Does anyone here use it?
Are you happy with it?
Does it automatically fill in all the dealer info?
What are the benefits over using the written form?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Not worth it IMO. I rather not have to use my toner and paper when ATF provides it free.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried it for a couple transactions. The program was very buggy and you are required to print out all of the instructions. Seemed like a big waste of paper and toner.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#3]
4473s are incorporated into my A&D software, so I use them unless the customer is computer illiterate. The customer info also automatically populates into the NICS E-Check page...
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
4473s are incorporated into my A&D software, so I use them unless the customer is computer illiterate. The customer info also automatically populates into the NICS E-Check page...
View Quote

What A&D software do you use? Are you happy with it?

I'm looking at FFL Solutions V Bound right now, still on the fence though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm using FFL Tools...
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#6]
The paper form is more useful, since it gives you an on-hand hard record and doesn't require a bank of computers.

It's also really easy. I think for a lot of customers the written form tends to go faster, especially for older folks but for younger people too.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The paper form is more useful, since it gives you an on-hand hard record and doesn't require a bank of computers.

It's also really easy. I think for a lot of customers the written form tends to go faster, especially for older folks but for younger people too.
View Quote

As a customer I will say that the one time I filled out an computer 4473 it took me a lot longer. I can fill out the paper form in a minute or two. I kept loosing my place on the computer as well as having to scroll or hit next page, I forget, to keep filling in the info. I guess it was more of a situation of being unfamiliar with the layout.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top