Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2015 2:26:30 AM EDT
Good day all,

So I had a few questions about obtaining a law letter. Are these usually obtained by dealers with very close connections with an agency? I have been reaching out to agencies all over FL for a couple months now to request a meeting to discuss offering a demonstration and out of the probably 35 agencies I have contacted I believe I have received a response from 3 all of which were "we have no desire for those type of firearms". I have been to large 3-400 officer agencies to small 5-10 officer departments and can't seem to get as much as a response. Is there something that I am possibly missing to simplify the process? I make it clear that it's in no way a request for purchase, but only for demonstration.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#1]
It is very difficult if you don't have an "in" with an agency.  To departments it does seem strange to have a random dealer approach them about NFA stuff.   The agencies around here are generally getting rid of their FA stuff in favor of semi, they just don't have the training to stay proficient.  Plus the added scrutiny of LE in this day and age doesn't help either.

I'd recommend contacting their firearms staff before the command staff, if you can find a "gun guy" and explain what it is you're offering (the demo/no obligation to buy etc) that person can sometimes smooth the path to getting a letter from the Chief.  That's worked for me in the past.   Sometimes you have to sell them other products to get your foot in the door, even at cost just to establish that relationship.  

Good luck!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Well got another letter in the mail today basically saying "we have all the guns we need"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top