Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2015 8:08:45 AM EDT
I'm currently Active Duty .mil.  I'm thinking about getting my gunsmithing/dealer 01.  The problem is if I PCS, I'm off to a different state.  Does my FFL transfer if I contact the ATF or do I have to turn it in and start over every time I move to a different state?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to file an amended application. Your license will still expire at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't it also depend on the OP's business structure?  As a sole proprietor he could move around, but if he forms an LLC then he'd have to close shop in one state and re-open it in the new, which would be a PITA.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top