Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2014 5:04:24 PM EDT
I had a conversation with a rep from my local Bank that I have had personal accounts with for about 20 years.  A friend of mine had referred me to this particular rep.  While having the conversation about opening the business account it came up about what sort of business it was going to be.  I said it was going to be an online retail/ appointment only business.  I had told her who had referred me to her and she concluded that it was going to be a Firearms business.
To make this long story short, she basically said that the banks are now clamping down on things and that all Firearms business accounts have to be approved.  Weird?  Anyone every have to deal with this?

Keep in mine that I do live about 3 miles from Sandy Hook.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I used Navy Federal for my business account, and I was quite specific that it was a firearms business.  The Feds have told banks that Firearm businesses are "high risk" as a form of back-door gun control, raising the cost of doing business.  Fuck BHO.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
You said have to be approved, right ?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I just looked up the Navy Credit Union and I don't have a branch in CT.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I could see where a bank would want to your business to be licensed (FFL) and approved (any local zoning and permit requirements met).

Requiring any more “approval” than that would have me looking for another bank for my business, …and my personal accounts, mortgage, etc, would follow with me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could see where a bank would want to your business to be licensed (FFL) and approved (any local zoning and permit requirements met).

Requiring any more “approval” than that would have me looking for another bank for my business, …and my personal accounts, mortgage, etc, would follow with me.
View Quote

If they would have just said that I would have provided what the needed however they didn't ask for anything other then my name and what the business was going to be.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:54:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I use BB&T.   The manager that opened my account, said he was in the Columbia army or something...heavy accent...than asked if he could be my first customer!  I was happy to see that the bank wanted my gun business!
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I use my local employees FCU
Had to get them to sign letters recently when I was trying to re-open accounts with some wholesalers I had dropped from routine use several years ago.
The credit union folks didn't blink an eye
They've known for years that I run a gun business due to deposits I've always made.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Interested how you make out.  Peoples United is no dice and BOA is out.  You might try Western Ct Federal Credit Union.  I think I remember hearing that Wells Fargo was GTG too, but I'm not sure.

Curious how you make out with the big names.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interested how you make out.  Peoples United is no dice and BOA is out.  You might try Western Ct Federal Credit Union.  I think I remember hearing that Wells Fargo was GTG too, but I'm not sure.

Curious how you make out with the big names.
View Quote

Thanks.  I am still waiting for the phone call from the Rep that was recommended to me on this issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top