Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2014 12:54:00 PM EDT
Just thought I would tell how mine went for those of you who haven't done one yet. Sole proprietor applying for 07 FFL in MA.

Had my interview this morning with a nice lady from the ATF. Was super easy and the only two things I needed to provide were my drivers license and my attention.

The building I am in has 6 other 07 FFL's so I did not even bother providing zoning documents (I knew the ATF interviewer knew this as well). She had called the landlord to verify my tenancy earlier. I had a friend make me a business plan the night before (a quick one) and my landlord gave me a copy of the lease, but neither those or anything else was asked for. Nothing but a license was asked for.

She gave me a few documents and went over a checklist with me. All basic FFL stuff. Took just over an hour. And then it was over.

She said with some luck I'll have it in two weeks. But with the holidays and people taking time off it could be as late as mid January. I still have a lot to learn in regards to taxes, paperwork, etc but once finals are over at my school I will make sure to learn this stuff very well. I still have a few months before I can do anything since I need an MA dealer's license to sell anything so I'll have some time.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Be sure no other licenses are required in your location.Indiana,in addition to your FFL,requires (or at least they did) a STATE license to sell handguns.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#2]
MA requires 3 separate dealer licenses (each $200) for gunsmithing, ammunition, and selling firearms.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The building I am in has 6 other 07 FFL's
View Quote

Really?  Competition must be cutthroat!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top