Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2014 10:49:50 AM EDT
So I have zoning approval, and all of the necessary steps in place, other than the sales tax ID, FEIN, and bank account.  I will go take care of all of that soon.  I plan to sell only online for awhile, but add in accessories, items made by local holster and belt makers.  Any sage advice?
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Right on!

Here's the stack I'm using in my startup, might find something in it useful:

Google + Mailbox on iOS for Email.  Email through your own domain is easy to set up, don't be some clownshoe with an @AOL/Gmail/Hotmail email address.
Shopify for ecommerce site
Buffer or Everypost for social updates
(BTW, secure your company name on all social networks, even if you don't plan on using them.  FB, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc.  Same for .net & .org addresses.)
Xero for accounting
Business Model Generation helps make sure you don't leave any gaps in your business model.
StitchLabs helps manage sales via multiple channels (Amazon, Ebay, Website, etc)
Shipstation for shipping labels (+ Zebra 2844 printer off ebay)
LeanKit for managing & prioritizing tasks (Kanban boards = awesome)
Evernote for keeping track of EVERYTHING
Nimble for CRM, if you go after anything larger than individual sales (wholesale).  Makes finding information on potential clients a breeze while managing deal flow.
MailChimp for email marketing.  Email still has the highest return on investment for any form of advertising, start building your email list now.

And finally, using iOS through a newer iPhone AND an iPad makes life so much easier.  Also an order of magnitude safer against malware.

ETA:  Go ahead and sign up now at CopyBlogger and download Copywriting 101.  Worth the 20 minutes and the product descriptions you write will be much better.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for all the information!  I'll put some of this to good use.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I finally mailed my application.  I was waiting for tax season to end, as I've been slammed this year.  I'm excited to get out there and start selling.  But first, I have to develop a website!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top