Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2014 1:33:01 AM EDT
I have a valid CWP (not that it matters in my shop) and now an FFL (as a sole-proprieter)..

My IOI said via phone I need to 'tag' it "Not for Sale".. and log it in/out of my A&D book..

I know personal firearms kept mixed (in the same safe/display) or on display need to be 'tagged' as such.. but a CWP firearm??

The CWP firearm is also going to be ALWAYS on my hip (so to speak)..

I have no other 'personal' firearms AT ALL on the premise (which is a store front)..

What says other FFL's...??? Anyone of you folks ever here of this particular thing?? Should I email the local ATF supervisor and ask the question??

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 2:10:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Never had to tag carry weapons working at a store, or know anyone who has.

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 3:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never heard that your carry gun had to be tagged before. Have you talked to their supervisor?  You could always get a replacement barrel that says it's personal around the muzzle. When they wanna see the tag, show them
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:00:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never heard of tagging a personal carry weapon either - I've been carrying in my shop for 12 years now without so much as a peep from the IOI. I would continue to carry and wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#4]
It only has to be tagged if it is in store overnight.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 7:07:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This actually makes sense to me..

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
ATF doesn't want to come in for a compliance inspection and find guns in inventory/display case/workbench/safe/vault/etc that aren't on your books.

It would appear to them that you aren't logging guns into your bound book.

On the other hand you could make a good argument that all "business" guns have a price tag.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This.

ATF doesn't want to come in for a compliance inspection and find guns in inventory/display case/workbench/safe/vault/etc that aren't on your books.

On the other hand you could make a good argument that all "business" guns have a price tag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Truth...  

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Needs to be tagged as personal if stored with biz guns.  Carrying isn't storing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top