Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2017 12:33:45 PM EDT
I noticed that when I push the barrel toward the receiver with enough force (5-10 lbs weight) the barrel group actually moves about .002.

This is noticeable when you are looking at the gap between the receiver and the foregrip.

I'm not saying there's a problem because AUG is one of the most accurate bullpup. It just seems odd and I would think accuracy could improve without it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I noticed that when I push the barrel toward the receiver with enough force (5-10 lbs weight) the barrel group actually moves about .002.

This is noticeable when you are looking at the gap between the receiver and the foregrip.

I'm not saying there's a problem because AUG is one of the most accurate bullpup. It just seems odd and I would think accuracy could improve without it.
View Quote

Seems there needs to be some small tolerance on the barrel to receiver lockup, otherwise it wouldn't be easy to remove the barrel, especially when everything gets hot after firing.  That's one of the penalties of a removable vs fixed barrel.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The fore aft movement is part of the design. When you push back toward the trunnion, you're compressing the spring inside the barrel that the barrel takedown button sits in.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The fore aft movement is part of the design. When you push back toward the trunnion, you're compressing the spring inside the barrel that the barrel takedown button sits in.
View Quote
Yes, the barrel is locked up under spring tension. Does this actually affect the accuracy?

I don't think it should since it doesn't move the other direction. Not sure..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top