Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2017 11:42:58 AM EDT
Long story short I had saved up for an AUG and then at the last second CZ released the BREN 805. I was caught up in the hype and spent my AUG money on the BREN. It was a nice gun but deep inside I regretted not getting the AUG. A couple of days ago I ran across a guy local to me that had an AUG he was looking to trade for an 805. We met up yesterday and this is what I brought home.

I traded him a Bren 805 with Holosun sight, 3 mags and BCM VFG. In return I got a white 16in AUG, 1 30 round magazine, 3 42 round mags, the case, a Mepro 21 and Gear head works charging handle.

I didn't want a white AUG but it's really starting to grow on me. I can't wait to get it out to the range!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You did good OP. That stock (to my understanding) is somewhat rare. Nice score. Hope you enjoy it!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice.

You're going to love the AUG.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome :)  Welcome to the club I got mine about two weeks ago.  I almost bought the white stocked version (it was the same cost at the gun store I was looking at) but went regular ol green instead.  Let us know how you like it after you get it to the range.  I loved mine on first trigger pull :)
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Long story short I had saved up for an AUG and then at the last second CZ released the BREN 805. I was caught up in the hype and spent my AUG money on the BREN. It was a nice gun but deep inside I regretted not getting the AUG. A couple of days ago I ran across a guy local to me that had an AUG he was looking to trade for an 805. We met up yesterday and this is what I brought home.

https://ibb.co/eirhSv

I traded him a Bren 805 with Holosun sight, 3 mags and BCM VFG. In return I got a white 16in AUG, 1 30 round magazine, 3 42 round mags, the case, a Mepro 21 and Gear head works charging handle.

I didn't want a white AUG but it's really starting to grow on me. I can't wait to get it out to the range!
View Quote

Now you're going to regret trading the Bren, not because the AUG is a bad rifle (it's fucking awesome actually) but because you wanted both of them...lol

What you should have done was saved up for an AUG so you could have both...
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Now you're going to regret trading the Bren, not because the AUG is a bad rifle (it's fucking awesome actually) but because you wanted both of them...lol

View Quote
No, I was underwhelmed with the Bren and never shot it. So far I'm happy with my decision and willing to revisit the Bren with the 806.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Do not fire it with the vert grip folded up.
The gas port will scorch up the grip. Not a big deal on the dark stocks but with the white everything will be extremely noticeable.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want to swap it out for black - may trade you mine to make a Star Wars gun.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you want to swap it out for black - may trade you mine to make a Star Wars gun.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/410lo0kqsBL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
Thanks but I think black might be the only color I like less than the white :)

Not sure I could bring myself to Krylon the stock..
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the white. Wish mine was originally white hehe

Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:56:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Very nice. You will not regret the AUG. What turned you off about the 805?
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
The CZ is a cool gun, the machining is awesome on it, it's action is SMOOTH and it has very light recoil. I think my.. I guess apathy with the rifle was more along the lines of how amazing my primary AR is. I have a BCM EHW BHF upper to a mega lower I put together with Colt and BCM parts. It's lightweight, cost less and shoots amazing. The 805 is heavier, longer and didn't do anything that the AR didn't already do. I tried various different configurations from a 3x prism scope, a 1-4 variable, a couple different red dot sights and just couldn't find a niche for the rifle to fill that others didn't already do.

The AUG on the other hand is my only bullpup and it makes my 10.5in SBR feel bad for being so big.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The CZ is a cool gun, the machining is awesome on it, it's action is SMOOTH and it has very light recoil. I think my.. I guess apathy with the rifle was more along the lines of how amazing my primary AR is. I have a BCM EHW BHF upper to a mega lower I put together with Colt and BCM parts. It's lightweight, cost less and shoots amazing. The 805 is heavier, longer and didn't do anything that the AR didn't already do. I tried various different configurations from a 3x prism scope, a 1-4 variable, a couple different red dot sights and just couldn't find a niche for the rifle to fill that others didn't already do.

The AUG on the other hand is my only bullpup and it makes my 10.5in SBR feel bad for being so big.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. I like the concept of the 805 (seems similar to the SCAR 16s) especially the folding stock. Makes for a compact package. From what I understand the 805 doesn't have a bolt release (have to work the bolt handle rearward to release it) while the 806 does. I have little hands on experience with the 805 but always thought it was an interesting gun that could challenge the SCAR on price and capability.  I really love my AUG and don't get enough time to shoot it. Its the long gun I most likely have with me on non work road trips.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Let's hear a four month update. What do you think about it now?
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Beautiful rifle, OP!

I asked Pete to find me one and a day later he said he found one but I had to back out since I had to come off a semester room/board for my child.

There will be more, I hope.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#16]
With the white stock you have a blank canvas.
If you get sick/board of it you can rit dye any color you want.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Let's hear a four month update. What do you think about it now?
View Quote
I’m ecstatic that I made the trade, I LOVE the AUG and it’s stored in the front of the safe. When I have the urge to check out a gun in my collection it’s usually the first one I grab.

The gun itself has kind of kicked me in the head and changed my thinking about on how much firepower you can pack into such a small package. It’s shorter than my 10.5in SBR and not that much longer than my Scorpion EVO SBR. Add a 42rd magazine of 5.56mm into the mix and WOW, I need more bullpup in my life! It’s the opposite of the Bren in this regard as the Bren was larger and heavier than an AR and I didn’t feel it really did anything better.

Some guns are fantastic but aren’t fun to shoot, this one is extremely gun to shoot. I think mine has a good example of the trigger as it’s a little heavy but breaks clean and the reset isn’t bad. Color wise I’m still not a fan of the white. I tried to find someone that wanted to trade but didn’t get any takers for anything besides black. The white just gets constantly dirty and everyone that sees it thinks it’s a toy gun. I get people thinking it’s a Star Wars toy or a paintball or airsoft gun. I don’t know if anyone has actually known what it is which is fine. A bonus is that in a world of black ARs it sure does stand out!

As for mods and accessories I bought more mags so I'm up to 7 or 8 right now. I need to grab a few more when I get some extra funds. I replaced the factory rail with one of Pete’s new long rails but as of right now it doesn’t get much range time. I’m not a huge fan of the Mepro M21 bullseye reticle that’s on there, the reticle is so large that even at 50 yards it completely obscures the target. I’ve been going back and forth trying to figure out what I want to do with it optics wise. I’ve considered a Primary Arms 2.5 prism but that might be a little too low rent for the AUG. I’ve been looking for a good deal on an Aimpoint but with my worsening astigmatism I’m not sure that would be the best way to go either. I’ve considered selling the rail and the optic and selling out the money for one of the 40th anniversary scopes or going with a 1x4 variable but I want to keep weight to a minimum for an already heavier gun.

I think that about sums up the AUG experience for me right now.

Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#18]
thats a good deal op!
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#19]
What is the hiring process like for a peacekeeper in sector 9? 

Just kidding.
Nice rifle OP

Oh, and you can easily dye or cerakote it.

Mine:Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What is the hiring process like for a peacekeeper in sector 9? 

Just kidding.
Nice rifle OP

Oh, and you can easily dye or cerakote it.

Mine:https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/231252/20170827_143358-352184.JPG
View Quote
LOL right?

When I showed it to RarestRX he fell in love :)

You should see it with a black AUG Pmag heh
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#21]
The white doesn't look dirty to me at all.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The white doesn't look dirty to me at all.
View Quote
That's because I scrub it with a Magic Eraser :) the guy I got it from said I had to go out and buy some and he was right.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#23]
I use an RMR and my astigmatism is fine. Not so much with RDS.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#24]
crzapy, that is a beautiful AUG!
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#25]
This is like the Elvis edition....
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quick update, so I mentioned I didn't like the M21 and then this kinda just happened.

I got a redonk deal on the Vortex Viper PST and sold the M21.

I think I might sell the long rail and replace it with the short rail now.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://ibb.co/eirhSv

I think you did great OP. Now you need to save up for a BREN 806!
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think you did great OP. Now you need to save up for a BREN 806!
View Quote
Yup! I'm interested on what that would bring to the table. I'd love an SBR'ed 806.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top