Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2017 12:56:04 AM EDT
I am craving a bull pup with a low powered variable for a general purpose rifle. Do either the Tavor or X95 feature ergonomics in which one would be better than the other with a low powered variable optic?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The ergos are better on the X95 in general, but I don't think there is anything specific that makes it better with a low powered optic.  I think the x95 is better with an optic in general because the top of the buttpad lines up with the top of the receiver, while the Tavor butstock has that weird drop (although that can be fixed with the Manticore Arms replacement buttpad.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
i'm not seeing how what optic you use will make one rifle's ergonomics better than another
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i'm not seeing how what optic you use will make one rifle's ergonomics better than another
View Quote
Cheek weld I suppose. It's not to critical with a dot. It's hard to tell shouldering the rifles without any thing mounted at the gun shop
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:07:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a m21 on my sar21 and have no issues.
I just  installed a manicore curved but pad and it is even more comfortable to shoot. With that said i had no issues with the stock butpad it is just way more comfortable with  the curved pad.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the SAR to the X95.  Get your hands on both.  It's personal preference.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Im going on my Experience only, the X95 Feels smaller and better suited for that type of Optic, the balance is slightly different.

However, my Tavor Shoots much better its easily a 1.5 MOA gun. Sometimes with handloads and a good day I can do 1 MOA groups.

My X95 is about a 2.5 MOA gun sometimes 2 If I have a good day and match ammo.

Is this accuracy difference a big deal ? Depends on your intended use, these guns were designed for Close Quarters Urban fighting and thats where they excel, anything more than 250 Yards Id rather have a AR with a free float rail and decent barrel.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I prefer the SAR to the X95.  Get your hands on both.  It's personal preference.
View Quote
This.  Perhaps it is the results of many more rounds on the SAR.   It just feels right as compared to my X95.  Either way, you will need an ADM Recon H mount too get the proper cheek weld.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top