Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2017 12:47:39 PM EDT
So , I finally got to get the Tavor I picked up from a co worker out this afternoon  and seemed to have an ammo issue. I set up my old Aimpoint M2 on it and brought a bunch of misc ammo that I have been trying to go through to FIFO my stash.

So I had:

100 rds of Bosnian M855 (5.56)
60 rds of Radway Green 91 dated (5.56)
40 rds of comercial PMP .223
80 rds of PMC Bronze

All ran great accecpt the PMC? It would cycle and eject after one round , but FTF on the next? I tried multiple magazines from a couple of GI mags to a few Magpul mags and no difference in the FTF.

Anyone else see this?

Other than that the the rifle was a joy to shoot with the trigger and I found very easy to stay on target with multiple shots. The ergos were a bit weird for me , but that was expected.

thanks
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That is strange I've run PMC bronze through mine with no issues. I'll be interested to see what others have to say.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never had a issue with PMC bronze in my SAR. I'm not sure if I've ever ran that in the x95 though its almost exclusively eaten wolf gold and american eagle value packs I've gotten deals on. Only thing I can think of is I've heard radway green is dirty as all get out and tar sealed before enough so to choke hk roller locker type actions which are by no means a gentle beast. I might be thinking of a different manufacturer though. Maybe it got the chamber nice and sticky which caused problems.

Give it a nice clean paying extra attention to the chamber and see if it has the same problem next time?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I mostly run PMC, works great, even with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 1:03:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I've only shot a handful of PMC, but no issues. I've not had a problem yet with 3 different hand loads and several factory types. I bought a case of Wolf Gold and haven't shot it yet, but most say it runs fine.

Might just be that batch you have.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:04:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I've run a ton of PMC, Remington UMC, and steel case through mine.  No ammo-related issues to report.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
If you got the barrel wrench with it take it apart completely and clean the barrel and the star chamber/ feed ramp area real well.  My SAR has no issues whatsoever except for the one case that hit the bottom of the feed ramp and smashed the bullet into the casing. Everything runs very well with all types of magazines and ammo.  I suggest a deep cleaning.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know if I have run PMC, but i have run wolf, tula, walmart bulk pack remington, and others.  Mine seems toerant of any ammo. I have an 18" SAR
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#8]
This is why I sold my Tavor a couple years ago. It would not reliably cycle all ammo including the PMC stuff.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 12:00:48 AM EDT
[#9]
My sar21 has ate everything including pmc with no issues. I have approx 2000rds down range with approx 15 different types of ammo.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I've never had any issues with any ammo, including PMC, in my 16". I put Tavor reliability right up there with my SCAR, seems to work well with anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top