Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2017 4:52:55 PM EDT
Rebates:

$100 off AUG
$100 off pro Hunter
$50 off pistols

Until June 2

http://steyrarms.com/rebate

And 20 or 30% off certain stuff in their store.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I just wish the RFR was included, if you can even find one available. I've only seen a couple on gunbroker.

I bitched at them at the NRAAM about non-US thread pitches, the RFR is 1/2-20, and they just responded that they're trying. Apparently the Austrians aren't big on change, that or they don't really care about this market.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I was just trying to get information from them on the Scout. 1/2x20 is a deal breaker for me and the inability to mount a can properly is why I have wanted a Scout since 2004 and don't have one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I know Steyr Is vividly aware that the US market is not happy with the European thread pitches.

New model guns are starting to reflect small changes to this. There's a small handful of new steyr.308 bolt guns in 5/8x24.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:39:13 AM EDT
[#4]
CZ did the same thing with the 1/2-20 threads when they first started selling threaded barrels.  After a few years of customers complaining they fixed it. And then there are all the companies that do .22s with 0.6" or some other odd number for the threaded length.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was just trying to get information from them on the Scout. 1/2x20 is a deal breaker for me and the inability to mount a can properly is why I have wanted a Scout since 2004 and don't have one.
View Quote
Adaptors are readily available thankfully.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I know Steyr Is vividly aware that the US market is not happy with the European thread pitches.

New model guns are starting to reflect small changes to this. There's a small handful of new steyr.308 bolt guns in 5/8x24.
View Quote
Changing the thread pitch would involve almost no effort, a few simple programing changes on the CNC. It would be more involved to separate the batches and labeling them then making the actual machining change. It's beyond silly that they don't adjust.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
CZ did the same thing with the 1/2-20 threads when they first started selling threaded barrels.  After a few years of customers complaining they fixed it. And then there are all the companies that do .22s with 0.6" or some other odd number for the threaded length.
View Quote
Doesn't the Bren have stupid long 14mm threads?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Doesn't the Bren have stupid long 14mm threads?
View Quote
Just the first year pistols.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally ordered myself a 20" barrel.  Wanted one for years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top