Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2017 6:20:45 PM EDT
I know of at least two that are on the market. Anyone have any experience with them?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both, the SGWorks stock is the better of the two.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have both, the SGWorks stock is the better of the two.
View Quote
The SGWorks is better than the CBRS?   The CBRS is ugly but the SGWorks one looks really gaudy .
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems like it would be a recipe for making a sometimes questionable LONG trigger pul into a horrible long trigger pull.

Not to mention brass deflector being mandatory because every SKS I have ever seen sends the brass about half as far down range as the effective range of the 7.62x39 cartridge.

Let a lefty shoot your SKSpup and watch as it jams a red hot empty casing straight through the shooter's neck and blows out a chunk of spine that would make a 12 gauge slug jealous?
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The SGWorks is better than the CBRS?   The CBRS is ugly but the SGWorks one looks really gaudy .
View Quote
Huh?  The SGWorks stock is about as plain as it gets:

The problem with the cbrps stock is that it is segmented, and so doesn't feel nearly as sturdy as the SGWorks stock.  Also, the trigger mechanism for the SGWorks has a lot less drag in it, so the trigger is not significantly worse that the stock trigger for an SKS (which admittedly is pretty awful).
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Seems like it would be a recipe for making a sometimes questionable LONG trigger pul into a horrible long trigger pull.

Not to mention brass deflector being mandatory because every SKS I have ever seen sends the brass about half as far down range as the effective range of the 7.62x39 cartridge.

Let a lefty shoot your SKSpup and watch as it jams a red hot empty casing straight through the shooter's neck and blows out a chunk of spine that would make a 12 gauge slug jealous?
View Quote
I think it would be better to just only fire it right handed than add a shell deflector. With that metal reciprocating charging handle if your face went too far forward that would make a dentist a tidy sum I imagine.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

http://www.kenarnoldcsa.com/images/products/detail/BPSKS.jpg

The problem with the cbrps stock is that it is segmented, and so doesn't feel nearly as sturdy as the SGWorks stock.  Also, the trigger mechanism for the SGWorks has a lot less drag in it, so the trigger is not significantly worse that the stock trigger for an SKS (which admittedly is pretty awful).
View Quote
Call me crazy but I kinda like that.

Alas I an a lefty(not politically)
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 4:00:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I like your writing style.....
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://www.kenarnoldcsa.com/images/products/detail/BPSKS.jpg

View Quote
Can't argue with you on the trigger, because I haven't fired either.

I have had a chance to fondle a couple of the SGWorks stocks. One advantage is that it retains the stripper clip feeding capability. However, all those cuts and lines at weird angles on the SGWorks are a real turn off for me.  They remind me of some new age "tribal" tattoo.

Also, it looks like the SGWorks stock is segmented, also. Is that the case?  Also, where do you attach a sling?
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Can't argue with you on the trigger, because I haven't fired either.

I have had a chance to fondle a couple of the SGWorks stocks. One advantage is that it retains the stripper clip feeding capability. However, all those cuts and lines at weird angles on the SGWorks are a real turn off for me.  They remind me of some new age "tribal" tattoo.

Also, it looks like the SGWorks stock is segmented, also. Is that the case?  Also, where do you attach a sling?
View Quote
Perhaps segment is the wrong word.  The CRBPS stock has a cam and pivot system that allows you to easily remove the stock from the action.  While this is really handy, it makes the stock feel a little "flexy".  The SGWorks stock comes in 4 pieces that bolt together very solidly.  Getting the action out of the stock requires a complete disassembly, but it feels much more solid.  

There are lines in the stock where the vents are, but they're not open as delivered from SGWorks; if you want the vents open, you have to punch them out (at least, on my stock).  

There is a ring on the rear takedown pin to attach a sling, and optional rails that you can attach a sling loop to.

Note that I use "feels" a lot: I don't know what kind of plastic the stocks are made out of, so I have no idea how they would stand up to being beat upon.  The CRBPS appears to be some kind of Delrin, and the SGWorks is some kind of polycarbonate.

ETA: there is a trap door in the SGWorks stock that opens to allow access for loading stripper clips: it also acts as a shell deflector.  The retention mechanism is pretty flimsy, and I can see how an SKS with particularly vigorous ejection could eventually break the latch that holds the door closed.  I just trimmed mine to get the ejection pattern I wanted and glued it shut with some polycarbonate cement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top