Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2017 7:45:41 AM EDT
I have a Tavor configured left handed. So entail the charging handle is on the right side. With my left hand i can reach over the top and charge it, but it's more difficult to charge it with an micro Aimpoint on the top rail. My right hand doesn't work properly. My question is can i switch the changing handle to the left side of the Tavor?

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not done it but from what I read you can switch the charging handle to either side regardless whether you have right or left hand bolt.  I can't remember if you have to have a barrel wrench to complete the swap.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a Tavor configured left handed. So entail the charging handle is on the right side. With my left hand i can reach over the top and charge it, but it's more difficult to charge it with an micro Aimpoint on the top rail. My right hand doesn't work properly. My question is can i switch the changing handle to the left side of the Tavor?

Thank you
View Quote

Dude the SAR 21 and Tavor are completely unrelated.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have not done it but from what I read you can switch the charging handle to either side regardless whether you have right or left hand bolt.  I can't remember if you have to have a barrel wrench to complete the swap.
View Quote
Thank you

I just called IWI and they are going to email me on every step on how to do the swap.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Dude the SAR 21 and Tavor are completyely unrelated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you

Dude the SAR 21 and Tavor are completyely unrelated.
Better
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you

And that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. For reference the original tavor model in the US is refereed to as the tavor SAR by IWI and the x95 as tavor X95. So if someone calls a tavor a SAR in a tavor thread it has nothing to do with the weapon made in singapore but which model of tavor they are referring too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have done it. It's easy to do. You need to remove the forearm and flip the plastic dust shield around. You also need a small punch to move the small roll pin in the Bolt carrier from the Left side to the Right.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:59:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You also need a small punch to move the small roll pin in the Bolt carrier from the Left side to the Right.
View Quote
Or better yet, remove it and leave it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top