Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2017 10:27:17 PM EDT
I see lots of guys using inforce wml's. I have one but dont like the way it feels when mounted on the side rail,  i bought an offset mount to try and see if i could leave the grip panels in place and just use the top rail but that configuration makes switching it on and off awkward.

I was thinking of cutting up the grip pannel so that it would fit around the wml, but before i did that I went on IWI's website and couldnt find any replacement pannels, I could have sworn I saw them for sale. Does anybody know where I could buy them?

So how else are you guys attaching lights to the x95?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried using an Inforce WML on an off set mount and, like you wasn't too happy with the result. I then tried mounting the WML on the 9 O Clock position. I added a MagPUl XTR rail cover behind the light and a BCM VFG that I had lying around. Shooting the gun with the VFG didn't get me the control I liked compared to shooting the gun with no light and the factory rail covers.

Next try was to keep the WML at 9 O'Clock and add a MagPul hand stop kit I had laying around. (Helps when you have a drawer full of crap laying around.) This helped a lot.

But my favorite method so far of attaching a light to my X95 is to use a surefire 300 scout light and an IWC Throntail Adaptive off set mount - Scout.

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/thorntail-scout-by-iwc-haley-strategic-partners/

I install the mount on the top rail, just behind the opening for the front BUIS, with the light at about 11 O'Clock. This permits me to use the factory rail covers, positions the light switch at the right position for my thumb, and keeps the light tucked in close to the top 1913 rail so it doesn't bang into things.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey,  thanks for the suggestion, seems just about perfect. But now i need a surefire

Do you have any pics of that setup?

Im sure with the way the handguards and whole front end of the rifle are built, aftermarket is already busy designing a  foreened with integrated light like MidWest Industries did for the Tavor Sar.

What do you think of cutting the 3 'oclock  pannel around the wml? I like what it does for the otherwise uncovered part of the rail but prefer a more closed grip on the foreend not to mention activation is still somewhat awkward and can be turned on accidentally. I was ready to try cutting it up bit couldnt find replacements online. I could have sworn I saw them somewhere
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I was initially going to cut my OEM rail cover to use the Inforce WML. But I wanted to have a spare rail cover on hand in case I changed my mind. I was not able to locate any so I decided to not cut my rail cover.

I really like the surefire scout m300. The throw is about perfect for the intended range I would use the X95. I have also been told that the Streamlight Protac rail 1 uses the same mounting pattern as the Surefire Scouts. Although I have no experience with the Streamlight Prozac lights.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was initially going to cut my OEM rail cover to use the Inforce WML. But I wanted to have a spare rail cover on hand in case I changed my mind. I was not able to locate any so I decided to not cut my rail cover.

I really like the surefire scout m300. The throw is about perfect for the intended range I would use the X95. I have also been told that the Streamlight Protac rail 1 uses the same mounting pattern as the Surefire Scouts. Although I have no experience with the Streamlight Prozac lights.
View Quote
The Protac is GTG, runs on AA batteries, and I haven't heard of any issues with them. I'd attach it to the top rail in an offset mount towards 1 O'clock, with the tape switch on the 9 O'clock rail for thumb activation.

Could also run the Surefire M600AA, if you really want a high-end light that runs on common batteries. I prefer the Protac, it's cheap and replaceable, plus the tape switch is much better, since it has both momentary and constant-on buttons.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Streamlight Protac mounted on the side and cut the rail panel. I like it because I can use the flashlight as an index point for my hand and its simple to manipulate in the position without pressure pads or accidental activation. No regrets on cutting the grip panels, but when I did it I also saw them on IWI's sight for sale. Here is a pic, sorry the quality is terrible.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top