Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2017 2:13:54 AM EDT
Any of yous ran SGD 64gr. in your tavor x95?
Lookin into gettin some for sd.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with a Tavor nor with 64 grain Gold Dots.  However, Gold Dots in most calibers are my SD ammunition of choice, which I used to hand load on occasion also.  Now I stick with factory flash suppressed ammunition using Gold Dots, if at all possible.  My 1:7 twist AR rifles and 10.5" pistol like the 75 grain Gold Dots a lot due to their accuracy (all Speer Gold Dots are very accurate in my ARs.)  I use the 55 grain Gold Dot in an old Bushmaster with a 1:9 twist barrel.  I have wanted to put some 64 grain Gold Dots through testing in my 1:9 barrel, but am waffling on that due to available time.  Plus the 55s work well.

Speer has some good information on their website, in case you are not familiar with it.  Link is for all three loads compared.  Scroll down to the various FBI Test Protocols:  Speer Gold Dot 223 comparisons
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#3]
The X95 has a 1/7 twist barrel right?   The 64g GDSP should do great there...works great in all my guns 1/7 and 1/9.  The only weapon I had that  64GDSP shot bad out of was an SR-15 E3 MOD1 with a bad barrel.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Yup...1/7
Thanks.

Thats some good SD ammo..yeah?
My 9mm sd ammo is all speer gold dot. I stock up on some q3131a and xm193 for my ar but wanted some more ammo.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered 460 of the 64.gr not bad 10.99 a box plus free shipping.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just ordered 460 of the 64.gr not bad 10.99 a box plus free shipping.
View Quote

Thats a great price for that ammo.  As far as SD ammo goes...its top notch.  I have taken 275lb + hogs with this ammo at 100 yards
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yup...1/7
Thanks.

Thats some good SD ammo..yeah?
My 9mm sd ammo is all speer gold dot. I stock up on some q3131a and xm193 for my ar but wanted some more ammo.
View Quote

I have my q3131a in a ammo can all by itself labeled "do not shoot". Dont want my son to ever use it for just plinking ammo if im not around.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thats a great price for that ammo.  As far as SD ammo goes...its top notch.  I have taken 275lb + hogs with this ammo at 100 yards
View Quote

Damn...hell yeah. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have my q3131a in a ammo can all by itself labeled "do not shoot". Dont want my son to ever use it for just plinking ammo if im not around.
View Quote

Got that stuff years ago...at bass pro in orlando. If Im not mistaken ot was around 174 for a 1k. Wish I got more.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:24:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Got that stuff years ago...at bass pro in orlando. If Im not mistaken ot was around 174 for a 1k. Wish I got more.
View Quote

Same here, i believe it was a 50% off sale. I had a pjc of the reciept that was longer than i was tall. One guy filled his trunk up here in Houston. I would have bought a entire pallet if i knew that would be the last time id see it and at that price
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:14:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Same here, i believe it was a 50% off sale. I had a pjc of the reciept that was longer than i was tall. One guy filled his trunk up here in Houston. I would have bought a entire pallet if i knew that would be the last time id see it and at that price
View Quote

Damn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top