Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2017 6:01:52 PM EDT
So while putting mine back together I noticed if I push the bolt all the way in the firing pin pokes out a little and I don't need to push the firing pin at all. Is this normal? Can this rifle slam fire? I shot it three times already and just noticed when I was cleaning today
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Alright took it to the range and it ran normal. New problem. How do you get a live round out of the chamber? Once you chamber a round the ch won't move. It shoots fine but every time I try to remove a life round it won't budge.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
i noticed that also.i don't think the bolt actually rotates that much so it won't slam fire.   on the stuck round, are you sure its not the ammo? i just pull hard on mine and a live round ejects
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i noticed that also.i don't think the bolt actually rotates that much so it won't slam fire.   on the stuck round, are you sure its not the ammo? i just pull hard on mine and a live round ejects
View Quote
I tried fed 193 and 855 and wolf gold. It all is super hard to eject. I have to jam on the charging Handle to get it to ejector or just give up and shoot it out
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:43:26 PM EDT
[#5]
is it new? i noticed my charging handle was hard to pull back till it broke in after a few hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:55:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
is it new? i noticed my charging handle was hard to pull back till it broke in after a few hundred rounds.
View Quote
I have around 500 rounds though it. I have zero issues shooting it. The issue is when I want to open and show clear with a chambered round. I have to just about mortar it to get it out. I can always shoot it out. I tired this about 15 times to see if it would get easier over time. I am going to clean the crap out of it with hoppes tomorrow and drench it in oil to see if that fixes it. But it does not malfunction when shooting. Just seemed safer if I can take a round out without shooting it out.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:05:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have around 500 rounds though it. I have zero issues shooting it. The issue is when I want to open and show clear with a chambered round. I have to just about mortar it to get it out. I can always shoot it out. I tired this about 15 times to see if it would get easier over time. I am going to clean the crap out of it with hoppes tomorrow and drench it in oil to see if that fixes it. But it does not malfunction when shooting. Just seemed safer if I can take a round out without shooting it out.
View Quote

I have a 300 blackout that does that. Ive pretty much determed its the chamber. I think its cut a bit short.

Use a sharpy or paint marker and paint the end of the case. Thats where mine was contacting. I reload so i was able to just trim the cases back a few .001 and it went away. But try and mark a round and chamber it. Then remove. You'll see where it contacts. If its the same thing id call iwi and see what they will do. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I just cleaned the crap out of it and used the bore brush it came with hooked into my drill. Now I just got to lube like crazy and take it to the range in the next hour or so.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Range report:
After a  thorough cleaning and over lubing it past what I normally do on my ARs it ran perfect though 100 rounds. I randomly manually ejected rounds  throughout my magazines and it gave me no problems ejecting manually now. So I am happy again. Guess I don't need to call IWI tomorrow. Just needed the chamber scrubbed.

Here she is
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:45:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad you got it workin!
Great lookin tavor!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Great lookin tavor!
View Quote

Yes it is!    What model ACOG is that, how do you like it on the X95?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes it is!    What model ACOG is that, how do you like it on the X95?
View Quote
It's a TA31 with green crosshairs. I like it a lot but my only complaint is it seems a bit low on the x95. I have to smash my face down to see out of it properly. This is the factory mount and it worked great on the AR I had it on first. But I bet I would have this problem with any standard AR hight scope.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's a TA31 with green crosshairs. I like it a lot but my only complaint is it seems a bit low on the x95. I have to smash my face down to see out of it properly. This is the factory mount and it worked great on the AR I had it on first. But I bet I would have this problem with any standard AR hight scope.
View Quote
That is correct.

Lower 1/3 results in a direct cowitness with your rifle's irons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top