Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2017 11:43:39 PM EDT
Cant wait to pick it up. Ordered the black one...
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:53:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet. My local dealer had the black, green, and FDE all on the wall yesterday. I kind of like the green.
But black is never the wrong choice.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats, Interested in your serial number series. Mine is a T900 and there is a T00x. Have heard the new ones are the T9000000 series but also read the other one is newer.

Got a optic picked out yet?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:16:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys....
Not sure on the number yet. I ordered it and gonna pick it up in a few. Got it on line from a store that is local.

Not sure on the optic yet...thinkin maybe  the mepro m21. Dont really know yet. Heard it was made for the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:43:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Didnt think id keep it on but im liking the vortex 1-6

Link Posted: 1/12/2017 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks guys....
Not sure on the number yet. I ordered it and gonna pick it up in a few. Got it on line from a store that is local.

Not sure on the optic yet...thinkin maybe  the mepro m21. Dont really know yet. Heard it was made for the rifle.
View Quote
So was the Meprolight RDS.  I like my RDS on my SAR; YMMV
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Bought mine in October. I think it had an October date on the box. Serial is T00520something.

Haven't done much to mine yet. Shoots nice but is a little gassy when suppressed.

Link Posted: 1/12/2017 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the club !
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sweet. My local dealer had the black, green, and FDE all on the wall yesterday. I kind of like the green.
But black is never the wrong choice.
View Quote

Well, you that old saying: "Once you go black. You never go back."

Nice buy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:37:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys...want a sling also, what do you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Please post some groups and if you can suppressed feedback.

For slings, I liked the BFG 2 point qd(built in) adjustable sling for my Tavor that I sold. Very nice sling that has less mess than most. The Magpul is also nice.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Saavy Sniper sling.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bought mine in October. I think it had an October date on the box. Serial is T00520something.

Haven't done much to mine yet. Shoots nice but is a little gassy when suppressed.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/chowser51att/CF4051D9-D31F-4E40-975A-7F9833540BC7_zpsms96tifs.jpeg
View Quote

Duct tape over the port cover gasket with  "Tactical" Hello Kitty tape and it will reduce/eliminate the gas leakage to the face.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Didnt think id keep it on but im liking the vortex 1-6

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/ARsR4ME/20161215_181218_zpsiuqshw2v.jpg
View Quote

What distances are you shooting with that scope if I may ask?
I want to move beyond RDS distance but need magnification.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:31:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What distances are you shooting with that scope if I may ask?
I want to move beyond RDS distance but need magnification.
Thanks
View Quote

I putt it on to just check the grouping wjen i got the gun and have kinda started to like it on there. Have used it from 25 yards to 200 so far. On 1 its just like a red dot but i can turn it up to 6 if i wanna :) If you ever watch those 3 gun guys they work the hell out of them from close to far. I can see the benefit just from my limited use out in the back pasture.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#15]
If you go the 1-6 variable scope route make sure you get a mount that is high enough for the Tavor.  I use a Vortex CM-202 mount with my Strike Eagle and gives the proper cheek weld for the Tavor.  You need a lower 1/3 co-witness on an AR-15 to be absolute/exact co-witness on the Tavor.   CM-202 mount is not quick release but is a very good mount that will not break the bank.

I tried the Strike Eagle but ended up going back to the red dot sight on my Tavor SAR.  Really depends on how your going to use your X95.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Really like mine. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Can you use a 1/3 co witness mount on a Tavor? Larue has one with a MRO I have been looking at but I was not sure about it. Thought it might be too low.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes. The 1/3 will make it cowitness with the built in iron sights
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Larue mounts don't play well with the Tavor top rail.  The Tavor top rail is not exactly a mil spec picatinney rail.  There is a groove down the center axis that wears the Larue mounts and I read Larue recommends not using his mounts with Tavor.  Worth checking before you buy a Larue Mount.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I had just read the same about the Larue mount.

So good mounts for the Trijicon MRO on the Tavor?

Quoted:
Larue mounts don't play well with the Tavor top rail.  The Tavor top rail is not exactly a mil spec picatinney rail.  There is a groove down the center axis that wears the Larue mounts and I read Larue recommends not using his mounts with Tavor.  Worth checking before you buy a Larue Mount.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

The X95 does not have the continuous groove down the center of the top rail like the Tavor SAR - so LaRue mounts are fine on the X95.

The issue with the Tavor SAR and LaRue is the lug on the bottom of the mounts. A groove down the center of the host rail only allows partial engagement of the lug (at the very ends):

The X95 has a "standard" top rail:

Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the info, I hadn't realized IWI changed the design of the top rail on the X95 compared to the Tavor.   Silly me I have yet to physically handle an X95 but own the Tavor SAR.   Sorry for giving incorrect info!
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Just picked up my fuck you clinton and motherfuck zero x95!!!!

Its nice!!!!

Thanks again guys for the help!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I love the original Tavor. I'm sure you'll love the x95.

I've only shot using the irons. I've had no trouble hitting steel out to 300 yards.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I like the Blue Force Gear sling as well, and the Vortex Spitfire for my aging eyes.

I also like 20 round magazines as well for the x95.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#27]
I have been looking for a sling and will have to look at the Blue Force.

How do you like the pistol grip on your X95?

How did you change it?

I have a X95, great rifle. I had the first Tavor and had to get the new x95, huge improvement for me.

Quoted:
I like the Blue Force Gear sling as well, and the Vortex Spitfire for my aging eyes.

I also like 20 round magazines as well for the x95.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145/IMG-0060-159344.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/145/IMG-0064-159345.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I ordered a FDE x95 this morning from an ad from the EE this morning.   I'm stupid excited for it to get in.

I'm gonna get the extended front foregrip so that I can mount a suppressor and it looks flush, and that's all i plan on modifying.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:17:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I putt it on to just check the grouping wjen i got the gun and have kinda started to like it on there. Have used it from 25 yards to 200 so far. On 1 its just like a red dot but i can turn it up to 6 if i wanna :) If you ever watch those 3 gun guys they work the hell out of them from close to far. I can see the benefit just from my limited use out in the back pasture.
View Quote

How was the grouping?
Been thinking of getting one, but the 3" - 5" group reports scare me off and make me lean toward the regular Tavor.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:14:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How was the grouping?
Been thinking of getting one, but the 3" - 5" group reports scare me off and make me lean toward the regular Tavor.
View Quote

Go look at guns and ammo magazine,  they have and test a x95.

Then...go get you a x95
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:36:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How was the grouping?
View Quote

With just fmj's it did ok. Gonna do more testing when i can.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_43/473871_May-have-just-fixed-my-x95-flier-issue.html
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:32:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have been looking for a sling and will have to look at the Blue Force.

How do you like the pistol grip on your X95?

How did you change it?

I have a X95, great rifle. I had the first Tavor and had to get the new x95, huge improvement for me.
View Quote

I am on the fence concerning either grip, but seem to be leaning toward the pistol grip.  They both have pros and cons.

Here is a good article concerning the grips: TFB Article

The grips are purchased directly from the IWI site: IWI Store

I will say I absolutely love the handling and manual of arms with the X95 and I have no hesitation with grabbing it for home defense and SHTF.

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Thanks guys....

View Quote

Your mileage may vary but for me on my idf style sar with integrated m21 (triangle reticule) outdoors in sunlight the reticle is fine. Indoors even well lighted the reticle ghosts into a bit blurry double vision it's still shootable but not as precise. I wouldn't get another. But then again I'm a weirdo who has a VCOG on my x95. If you are going red dot I'd get some battery powered affair since they have a adjustable rheostat to better modify brightness to match conditions. Also you can get a much finer dot from a electronic red dot.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:35:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm going to give the Tavor grip a try (ordered from Tavor), MRO from Larue, sling to follow later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top