Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2017 3:09:39 PM EDT
For no reason other than I like bullpups in general I traded one of the AR packages I had collecting dust in my safe for a X95 LH .  I envision this as a recreational rifle (as most of mine are) Can I ask what people are running for optics?  I will probably go magnified , On my FS2000  I am running an MTAC1-4. I am particularly interested in how you mounted what ever you are running. ( I have read that AR mounts may be a bit to low)
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been using the irons so far, but I'm curious to see which way people are going for optics.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Mepro RDS, it's like it was made for the gun
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
On my Tavor SAR I'm using an MRO with a 1/3 ADM mount that I grabbed off one of my other carbines. I like it so much I'm just going to buy another one. I tried a 1-4 SWFA I had but it just made an already heavy rifle heavier.
Quoted:
View Quote

I almost pulled the trigger on one of these, I just didn't like the polymer hood construction.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I also use the RDS
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a Strike Eagle and a Vortex CM-202 mount which is the correct height for my Tavor.   I tried the Strike Eagle on my Tavor but switched back to my E O Tech 512 on a YHM mount to give the proper cheek weld.   I have numerous AR-15's for longer range shooting and I primarily shoot my Tavor off hand at closer range (<200 yards).   I just recently tested a small RDS the size of an Aimpoint T-1 and I liked it but honestly didn't notice the difference in weight compared to the E O Tech.  To get exact/absolute co-witness on the Tavor/X95 you need a lower 1/3 height co-witness AR-15 mount.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the RDS Pro.

(not my photo)
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Acog ta31f for all the things!
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Aimpoint Comp M4s
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:02:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Still liking the 1-6 vortex i put on. Was using it just for accuracy testing but its a nice setup for me. Might just leave it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:34:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 with a high mount.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I also use the RDS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also use the RDS
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Aimpoint Pro.  Have run one on the AUG, too.   It's like bullpups were built for them.

I'm running the SIG Romeo 7 on my personal AUG but will be changing it out for an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the mepro 21. The glass is dark and the reticle is washed out if you're inside looking outside.  I have the bullseye reticle and I don't recommend it, it's so huge that the reticle is bigger than the target.  I don't recommend it unless you want a battery free option, and even then I'd look at alternatives. I really don't have a lot of experience with optics and that was my first one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:16:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Lucid P7
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I run a Elan spector 1.5-6 . It was to big for my AR's but looks right at home on my Tavor.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have the mepro 21. The glass is dark and the reticle is washed out if you're inside looking outside.  I have the bullseye reticle and I don't recommend it, it's so huge that the reticle is bigger than the target.  I don't recommend it unless you want a battery free option, and even then I'd look at alternatives. I really don't have a lot of experience with optics and that was my first one.
View Quote
I have the same set up and I love it, I will also shoot out to 300 yds without a magnifier but the magnifier is easier to shoot with. I teach defensive shooting with rifle and pistol and I have no problems with the washout because I understand the optic. If you want a fast sight for cqb then it works, if you're going to punch paper at a hundred yards I would suggest a 1-4x scope that's cheaper and easier for bench rest. There are different scopes for different reasons, you have to understand the pros and cons and get what is best suited for your parameters. The M21 is awesome, but maybe not for what you want. 
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I really liked my Comp M4 on mine
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 4:40:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Trijicon RX30
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Trijicon SRS. Not a popular choice, this one i picked up for a great price from the EE a couple of years back.

Also tried Comp M3 and Micro, but found the massive window on the SRS made acquisition very quick.

The SRS isn't as big as it appears

All that said, if I was looking for another optic, I'd probably try the MRO
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:29:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Another vote for m21 but the "open x" reticle. Works great

Link Posted: 1/27/2017 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I have an Aimpoint Comp M3 on mine, in the basic Aimpoint mount.  Absolute cowitness with the flip up irons.

Good pairing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I run a vortex strikefire on mine with the 3x magnifier.  It works well and i am pleased with the quality but It's clunky and makes a heavy gun heavier as others have said.  I can't say i'm a huge fan of the flip to side magnifier craze now that I've run it for a while.  Height with the standard cantilever is fine usability wise, I've never really looked at cowitnessing it with the backup irons so cannot speak to that.  I also have a burris AR 536  I've been thinking about trying, although 3x might be a better choice.  the glass is very clear and it's compact, but heavy.  Also no 1 x option there.    eye box is tight but seems to work well on my SAR. Have not taken it to the range yet on the tavor, but have used it on other guns and really like it.  I'd have to say that on a bullpup it's nice to have a 1x option though.

In my opinion, burris is underrated, affordable, and the quality is surprising. really like their MTAC line as well.  I consoder them comperable to votex, or even a little better, but people don't seem to know about them as much.

If you don't want magnification andyou want to keep the weight down, the SPARC II would be a good choice and comes with a multi-height mount system

final disclaimer:  I'm cheap when it comes to optics.  When i get to more than 500 bucks for an optic, I start thinking about putting it toward another gun.  

Hope my 2 cents helps you out
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:51:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Trig MRO
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a EoTech 512 on mine with a riser, but only because I had it laying around when I bought the Tavor...

If I were buying an optic I would go with your choice of Aimpoint in a lower 1/3 mount to bring it up to the proper height.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#26]
I tried several high end sights and finally settled on the Leupold VX-R Patrol ...

Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Odd, you should show that Leupold Patrol on your TAVOR.  I'm thinking seriously of putting one of my Patrols on my new X95.  Just waiting for delivery of my Gear Head Works full-length rail.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#28]
I mostly use an Aimpoint on mine and have used the Magnifier also. I've thought about a 1-4 to 1-8, but to be honest I seem to always spend time in 1x or 4x, 1 or 6x,  and rarely if ever move between to a 3,  4, 5 so really the Magnifier works the best so long as you know your hold overs. I did on a whim/sale buy a PA 2.5x with ACSS reticle and have been playing around with it. I really like it actually and when you mount a reflex on top you can tilt it 45* and it hits my left eye perfect for up close. It takes some practice but it's fun to jump from 100 to 25 and so forth getting myself used to close and far. Really at 2.5 up close isn't as hard as your think. If I was going to be doing a lot of in close,  house training I'd just stick to the Aimpoint. As long as you mark them on your rail (I use colored paint pins) I've never had a problem with loss of zero.The PA is pretty tough,  the mount gives me a perfect cheek weld... Not bad for $150 to my door. I have an ACOG as well but that stays on my SPR most all of the time. Good luck oh and I live bullpups also
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Tried both the Mepro 21 and RDS with the metal hood, but decided I wanted magnification, so went with the Vortex Spitfire 3x.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks everyone, I wound up finding an "Open Box" deal on a RDS. I wont get range time until tomorrow so no real comment to make but I do appreciate everyone taking their time to share their experience.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I tried several high end sights and finally settled on the Leupold VX-R Patrol ...

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l232/Apache659/Tavor%20Magpul%20AFG%202.jpg
View Quote

I like your style, very bold with that VFG

Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I like your style, very bold with that VFG
View Quote

Thanks ...
I originally wasn't going to make any permanent modifications but I've had some serious medical problems that made me rethink that position. What I did was took a Magpul MLOK rail and shaved off the MLOK studs then shaped it to the handguard. I used a couple of Chicago screws through the handguard with allen screws and for the third hole at the top I used an allen screw and lock nut inside the stock, I also used plastic weld on the rail. It took a little thought but it came out perfect and it's totally solid, plus I can change it to any device that clamps to the rail. It's actually very comfortable and let's me stay steady on target ...
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#33]
For 200 yds+ I am using a Strike Eagle 1-6x

For up to 100 yds I use my ACOG Compact 3x

For short range plinking; Tru-Dot Mepro RDS
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#34]
TA-31A ACOG.

Not me shooting...
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#35]
I use the Vortex Spitfire 3x. Very happy with it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I run a Elan spector 1.5-6 . It was to big for my AR's but looks right at home on my Tavor.
View Quote

Elcan SpecterDR 1-4 on mine ... couldn't be more pleased.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top