Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2017 10:34:36 PM EDT
This is my first,  I'm still working on mag changes and charging the rifle.

I looked through the tacked picture thread,  surprisingly most showed no sling.

single point?

two point?

rear &front?  middle only?
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a factory AUG sling. My F2000 doesn't have a sling currently. I'd like to get a factory FN sling, or that good one I read about..

Edit: This is it, by SKT Tactical. Looks like it's still available for $55
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#2]
While there's a ton of preference involved in sling style and attachment, I see the bulk of shooters move more and more toward the 2-point sling for most rifles...even bullpups...unless the guns are micro, sub-machine, and really short SBR's.  There are so many guns/designs out there that it might hard to keep a discussion about it concise.

Anyway, as far as bullpups like the AUG, Tavor, RDB, RFB...and gasp...even my AR's go...I much prefer a 2-point sling like the Magpul MS line that I use.  There are also other quality examples from reputable companies like Blueforce Gear and others.  There's not just one brand, and these discussions often degenerate into brand loyalty.  Over in the "sling" section of this site there are tons of discussions about sling type, but many/most do revolve around the AR.  While bullpups are somewhat unique, I've found they seem to respond to the same beneficial control of a 2-point sling.  I've done two SWAT classes using my Tavor, and the 2-point sling performed excellently.

I have used single point slings but only in a couple of cases like an HK MP5 and even a Kel-Tec PLR16 that is kept locked and stuffed under a truck seat.  Both guns are short, compact weapons that do OK on a single point.  I find trying to actually move around, run, or do anything slightly physical with a single point on a longer weapon to be unpleasant and perhaps even slightly dangerous in certain situations.  Single points seem fine if you are static in a fixed position, but if your requirement to have this weapon requires that you might have to actually use it, you might find yourself having to run, crawl, or other to defend yourself or worse.  I think that's when most might find a single point lacking compared to a 2-point.

Again, the variable in weapons, application, preference, etc. probably can't be covered here, but it is an interesting and often critical element.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 2:00:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the factory AUG Sling, S-folded and attached to the stock with a Gearward Ranger Band:

This keeps it nice and snag free in storage, but the charging handle can still be pulled back without issue, and one quick tug and the sling is ready for use.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
2 point, Middle and Rear.
Gearhead Works Flex Swivel

Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
2 point, Middle and Rear.
Gearhead Works Flex Swivel

http://i.imgur.com/pGQQniV.jpg
View Quote
Hey now!  That is kind of interesting.  Any pics of the new second point assembly?  I looks like a replacement part for the takedown "pin".
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Correct, it replaces the takedown slide and has a sling swivel cut out inside of it, so you can just attach up any QD to the slot and be good to go.
Install is easy, very solid part.

Here ya go - link to Gearhead.
Gearhead FLEX Swivel
They make a great product.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#7]
3 point

It works for me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey now!  That is kind of interesting.  Any pics of the new second point assembly?  I looks like a replacement part for the takedown "pin".
View Quote

It's a really ingenious idea and a very functional part. Works great.

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Slinging a Tavor & AUG is simple, there are QD's and options for them.

I keep looking at my RDB I am really curious how to handle this rifle.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I run it the same way as bigdog02.

Gear Heads Flex mount & Midwest Industries Take Down Pin mount.

I also have a Blue Force Gear Burnsed Socket on the sling so I could also run it single point from either if those two QD mount points but rarely do.  Those two points are fine as they are.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#11]
My favorite Tavor setup had a Proctor WOTG sling, with Magpul paraclip adapter in the front QD socket and a BFG Uloop for the front sling point; the rearmost QD cups were removed, and paracord was threaded through the right-hand side for the rear point.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I use a factory AUG sling. My F2000 doesn't have a sling currently. I'd like to get a factory FN sling, or that good one I read about..

Edit: This is it, by SKT Tactical. Looks like it's still available for $55
http://www.sktindustries.com/images/slides/SLDSlingFS2000.jpg
View Quote

This is what I have on my FS and it is great.    Stays in place and you don't have to take the whole thing off to access the trigger pack (unlike some other sling attachments).     I also picked up one of their mini zipper cases that fits into the open slot by the trigger pack - perfect size for disassembly tool, batteries and other small knick knacks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top