Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2017 9:55:57 PM EDT
Hi I'm curious if anyone ever gets sick shooting their gun after 1000 rounds in a sitting? Does anyone use silicone ? Yes they are tears of joy being outside and putting down a lot of rounds down range but after a while I get tired and think it's the gas!
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi I'm curious if anyone ever gets sick shooting their gun after 1000 rounds in a sitting? Does anyone use silicone ? Yes they are tears of joy being outside and putting down a lot of rounds down range but after a while I get tired and think it's the gas!
View Quote

Aren't all guns like that after that many rounds?

I get about 5 stick mags into this and have two call it quits due to all the crap blowing back. The AUG is nowhere near as bad with gassing me out.

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Not nearly as bad as my AR15 carbines in my opinion
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:35:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

The term "sitting" are you actually just sitting down and shooting? Can you try getting up and moving around while shooting. Are you just pulling the trigger as fast as possible mag after mag? Take a break and get some fresh air. Are you at a public range with lots of firing around you? The noise can be a part of the issue, I'd double up with foam ear plugs and muffs. Shooting a case of ammo would take me the better part of a day, all that noise and smoke for that long would make me sick too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 1:19:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I've shot 1k rounds of 5,56mm over a 3 day class.
No side effects - accept a little sunburn and sore from drills and running shooting around barricades.

The AUG vents gas pretty far in front the shooters face compared to an AR.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had 3 AUGs and none have been over-gassed. If I shoot under-powered/cheap ammo I usually have to use the adverse setting. I haven't had 1,000 rounds through one in a single session yet. I've noticed the "former Soviet" ammo producers tend to use a dirtier burning powder with a more obnoxious odor than most domestic stuff. As said, if it bothers you, seek increased ventilation. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top