Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2016 10:27:58 PM EDT
So,  my roomie picks up an A3.  I ended up doing the initial testing for it last night while working with my recently refinished Sig P6.  Both ran like scalded cats.

So, like my recent love of the Sig Classic P series, I was reminded how much I love AUGs despite my lack of any taste for bullpups.......I ran about 60 round through that thing in about five minutes.  I was in love.

Well, roomie and I are both on vacation so baaaaack to the gunstore we went and I hooked myself up with a black, high rail 3 carbine.  ( Wish they had rifles! ) No optics and only one extra Pmag to be had ( AUG style ) except for the floor model which they let me abscond with.  No optics in the store so on to the next store we went.  This place was as busy as all hell as usual so I just walked in and noticed a Sig Romeo 7 which is has an integral mount.  In the interest of time and not wanting to worry if they did or didn't have an Aimpoint mount on hand...I grabbed the Romeo and out the door I went.  I'll get something else later...the Romeo will do for the short term.

Anyhow since it IS Christmas Eve....in memory of the Nakatomi Plaza incident of 1988, may I present MY version of the "bad guy gun"!!! 

Link Posted: 12/25/2016 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]

You chose well, the M1 is a great gun.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#3]
It is such a sweet gun!!

I didn't even bother with the NATO option....it seemed like eating a steak well done....just...well...wrong, ya know????

ETA:  just ordered a 20 inch barrel?  Did I fo correctly to the party???? 
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats! 

You "Fo'd" like a champ!
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 10:50:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I fent to the range with my nephew who's back on leave from the 101.  We had it dialed in and confirmed in 10 rounds and then shot the snot out of it.

Dear GOD what a great gun!!!!

I am solidly in loooooooove!!!!!  My nephew thought it was fantastic!
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I fent to the range with my nephew who's back on leave from the 101.  We had it dialed in and confirmed in 10 rounds and then shot the snot out of it.

Dear GOD what a great gun!!!!

I am solidly in loooooooove!!!!!  My nephew thought it was fantastic!
View Quote

I was prepared not to like the AUG much when I bought it, I only bought it because I didn't want it to get away from me when Oregon bans 'em.

I love the stupid thing.

Link Posted: 12/27/2016 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Now you need to go buy a ton of magazines for it.........and a spare parts kit........and a sling.....and a light.  I also bought a Mid West Industries replacement rear sling swivel for mine. It replaces the rear swivel pin with one that includes a QD sling mount. Fantastic accessory.

How's that SIG scope?
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was prepared not to like the AUG much when I bought it, I only bought it because I didn't want it to get away from me when Oregon bans 'em.

I love the stupid thing.
View Quote
YUP.  I have shot them before and I really was prepared to hate them...but liked them regardless.

Then my roomie buys one...and he is really sick so he asked me to go test it for him.  I popped an aimpoint on it and....it was just love!  So...I ended up back at the same damn store and snagged one myself.

My nephew and I are both 11B ( Infantry ) and, despite it's known tactical shortcomings, it ALSO has a multitude of advantages....he loves it as much as I do.  We shot supported, prone, sitting, kneeling and standing and we were just tearing it up.  It's not that we can't tear it up with an M4 or an M16....it's just cool that the learning curve for shooting a bullpup is about ten seconds.

The thing with a good bullpup ( for you guys on the fence ) is this: you use it to take advantage of its advantages.  It is NOT the end all be all...but no gun is.....

With the need for a longer rail that can support back up irons being the weakest link of the AUG....if you accessorize only with a rail and sights and then get the right optic you can do a LOT worse than an AUG for your only gun.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 11:39:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Now you need to go buy a ton of magazines for it.........and a spare parts kit........and a sling.....and a light. I also bought a Mid West Industries replacement rear sling swivel for mine. It replaces the rear swivel pin with one that includes a QD sling mount. Fantastic accessory.

How's that SIG scope?
View Quote

[color=#ff0000]Working that problem as we speak  (buying mags...the font color thing ain't working on this "new board" )

[color=#0000ff]Done and done.  ( sling and sling swivel being acquired...I have the sling but the MI pin is on the way )

On deck.  ( yup...spares and a light are a definite )

The Sig scope is surprisingly well made and worked like a charm.  Mind you...THIS WAS AN EXPEDIENT STOP GAP...as it is made in China.....which pissed me off but I was in a hurry and it was already mounted up and was similar enough to an Aimpoint to be useable.  Make no mistake....it is made by ( insert rude epithet here ) and it WILL fail.....but by then I'll have an Aimpoint.
[/color][/color]
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:20:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I mounted my aimpoint T2 on my AUG.

Great set up.

Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I mounted my aimpoint T2 on my AUG.

Great set up.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-pVHVGq7/0/XL/i-pVHVGq7-XL.jpg
View Quote

Funny you mention that.  The kid who owns the shop I got y AUG at has a Knight's Armament AR with one of these on it....

It seems to rock!  I really liked it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Congrats! 

You "Fo'd" like a champ!
View Quote

Congrats OP on your new addiction.  What the heck does "FO" mean?

Regards
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Congrats OP on your new addiction.  What the heck does "FO" mean?

Regards
View Quote

It's a euphemism for "go" that stems from a classic arfcom thread.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Freaking new guys.

Link Posted: 12/28/2016 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Freaking new guys.

View Quote

Heck, there's some of those acronyms, slang terms and stuff that  I don't even get. 
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Hell, I read it as "fork over". It just seemed to fit.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Except not "fork."
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:40:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Actually....that DOES fit!  Pretty impressive!  'Cuz when it comes to an AUG......you better have a damn good coolant in your wallet's radiator.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top