Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2016 12:27:50 PM EDT
Just got an X95 and I'd like to put a flashlight on it.  I'd like something easy to activate.

What choices do I have?
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't the x95 have 1913 under the handguard panels?

So I suppose anything that will interface with those will work.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't the x95 have 1913 under the handguard panels?

So I suppose anything that will interface with those will work.
View Quote
Under the side panels, yes.
I don't know what the spec is for the rail under the bottom panel is, but it aint a 'regular' Picatinny standard size.

I retract the above statement.
I don't know why I'm having so much trouble but I can't seem to successfully mount a forward verticle grip on there, ( A*B Arms SBR V-Grip).
That lead me to an incorrect assumption.
Sorry for my stupidity.

The A*B fits other rails, but not that particular bottom one.
Just as a reference, I can hang a reddot scope mount off of that lower rail, so....
<<shrugg>>
I don't know what the issue is.

Link Posted: 12/28/2016 5:03:33 AM EDT
[#3]
The bottom rail is a little different. The handguard the rail is on is rounded instead of flat.  If you look at it straight on (unloaded of course) you can see the difference. I had to dremel my tango down grip a little to get it on.

To answer your original question i use a vertical grip and a scout light in a magpul offset mount.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The bottom rail is a little different. The handguard the rail is on is rounded instead of flat.  If you look at it straight on (unloaded of course) you can see the difference. I had to dremel my tango down grip a little to get it on.

To answer your original question i use a vertical grip and a scout light in a magpul offset mount.
View Quote
Thanks for that, I see it now.
I didn't see the forest for the trees.

I wonder why the deviation in design from the sides on the same weapon.Either way, it looks like A*B Arms picatinny spec is hokey, so I can't use their forward grip - which I really like the best.

Anyway, I'm working on the same question that ISUSteve is, I'm looking for a forward grip I can integrate a pressure pad into, and hanging a non-specific light on the right rail.  Non-specific is based on who has what at a sale price.  I'm leaning towards a Streamlight Protac or TLR with a remote button on the vert grip.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Hello there, this is my setup for my X-95 w/ Surefire Scout M300 tape switch. I also own a Streamlight ProTac rail mount I would also recommend over the SF M300 because of the dual fuel (AA or CR123) capability.

The location for the tape switch is recessed below the picatinny rail/tac light with a double back tape that can be activated right/left hand shooting when transitioning around corners.

This is how I support my rifle with my left hand with my index finger forward of the stop with my two middle fingers wrapped around that can easily activate the tape switch that is momentary on/off.

Here is another image of my right hand supporting the rifle if I was to transition to left-hand shooting that can easily activate the tape switch.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the ideas guys.  Kevin - I like your tape switch under the light.  Looks easy to activate from both sides.   I'll look into the Streamlight.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 12:41:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the InForce WML Gen 2 on the left side of mine.

Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:11:55 AM EDT
[#8]
From a right handed hold on the gun, do you activate the light with your thumb?

Are you able to activate it on your weak side also?
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
From a right handed hold on the gun, do you activate the light with your thumb?

Are you able to activate it on your weak side also?
View Quote

So as a right-handed shooter with the InForce WML Gen 2 on the left side of the handguard I activate the pressure pad with my left thumb. Shooting weak side I can activate the pressure pad with my right index finger. It's not as natural feeling, but neither is shooting weak side.

The Surefire M300/tape switch above looks like it would work really well too. I have an M300 in a LaRue mount on an SBR that I like a lot. The InForce is a more economical option - I caught mine on sale at DSG during Thanksgiving week for $89.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top