Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2016 7:26:28 AM EDT
Now that X95s have been released for over 6 months, and many have put their rifles through the ringer...what's the verdict? Have those who have replaced the factory X95 trigger with the Super Sabra and/or the Lightning Bow found a practical advantage to doing so? I have Geissele triggers in all of my ARs but have struggled with swapping out the X95 trigger due to cost and possibly a less than satisfied ending. Thanks for the feedback.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Now that X95s have been released for over 6 months, and many have put their rifles through the ringer...what's the verdict? Have those who have replaced the factory X95 trigger with the Super Sabra and/or the Lightning Bow found a practical advantage to doing so? I have Geissele triggers in all of my ARs but have struggled with swapping out the X95 trigger due to cost and possibly a less than satisfied ending. Thanks for the feedback.
View Quote

I have a lightning bow and super sabra in my X95.  It compares favorably to the SSA triggers I have in a couple of my ARs.

Only downside is the price.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I have just the Super Sabra installed in my Tavor and that alone made a huge difference, it was worth the cost IMO. I haven't had the opportunity to try a lightning bow but I would say just the Super Sabra by itself is better than a stock AR15 trigger and close, but not quite as good, as the SSA. For a bullpup it's a fantastically good trigger and I'm sure the lighting bow makes it even better.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#4]
For me, the Lightning Bow trigger alone made the biggest difference/improvement.  It takes all the squishy slack out of the linkage.

I have never shot an SAR, but I have read that the X95 factory trigger pack is alot nicer than the original SAR's trigger pack.  In my opinion, X95 trigger mods should start with adding a LB and keeping the factory trigger pack.  I eventually put a Tav-D pack in mine, and it's very nice, but I'm not sure it's $300 nice compared to the factory pack.  I'm still keeping it in there though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For me, the Lightning Bow trigger alone made the biggest difference/improvement.  It takes all the squishy slack out of the linkage.

I have never shot an SAR, but I have read that the X95 factory trigger pack is alot nicer than the original SAR's trigger pack.  In my opinion, X95 trigger mods should start with adding a LB and keeping the factory trigger pack.  I eventually put a Tav-D pack in mine, and it's very nice, but I'm not sure it's $300 nice compared to the factory pack.  I'm still keeping it in there though.
View Quote

That was my thinking.  I just ordered the Lightning Bow, going to try it with the factory trigger.  If I'm still not happy, I'll consider the trigger pack.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:44:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you can't find someone near you that has one to try out, go ahead and buy it. If, by some alien abduction level of strange circumstances occur that you don't like that trigger - you will be able to sell it easily enough.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#7]
How difficult is the installation? I know the trigger pack is easily swapped, but if I'm installing the Lightning Bow in the new trigger pack, does that raise the level of difficulty?
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How difficult is the installation? I know the trigger pack is easily swapped, but if I'm installing the Lightning Bow in the new trigger pack, does that raise the level of difficulty?
View Quote

It's not hard.  If you can assemble an AR lower, you can handle the Lightning Bow install.  

If your husband changes your oil for you, then it might be over your head.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I was worried about doing the lighting bow, But I decide to just do it last night an it was hard at all.
Took me about 30 to 45 minutes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top