Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2016 2:10:50 AM EDT
Just got one from my buddy last weekend. It's pretty sweet, albeit heavy.

Can I suppress it? Not sure how I would get a muzzle break on under the rail and out far enough.

What sling setup are you guys using? It came with a QD stud installed on the back, I'm thinking of going single point...

How are you guys running your lights?

Pic:
" />
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Resident CQC nerd here.

It can't be suppressed with the 16" barrel since the threads are actually underneath the rail system. I was able to do it by throwing an 18" barrel on + Ratworx threading adapter. That got me out just far enough to mount a Surefire brake. I did have to drill out the adverse port on the gas regulator in order to get it to function 100%. This basically turned the adverse setting into the suppressed setting.

This is a slightly older picture. I moved the light so that it is on the right side rail, bezel end flush with the Surefire brake. This way I can take the whole rail off easily without having to disconnect the pressure switch.

For a sling, I'm using some kind of VTAC sling mount that puts the QD pount on the left side of the gun, right behind the VFG. Personally wouldn't recommend single point on something so heavy, but that's just my preference.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I made some changes to my CQC after getting it two and half years ago.

Micro Switchback, 2020 trigger sear, &  three point sling.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I like mine (had two, sold one).  However, looking at the design there were some things I didn't like (specifically how the rail cage requires a barrel spacer to remain stable) about the design, and I didn't like how it skewed the balance so muzzle forward compared to the standard AUG.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
They're not making these anymore, are they? According to Pete Athen's website, he's been out of stock for quite awhile.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're not making these anymore, are they? According to Pete Athen's website, he's been out of stock for quite awhile.
View Quote

Until the A3 comes back, there's really no way to make more CQC's unless the customer provides their own A3 AUG.

I've mentioned to certain people before that having the M1 and A3 concurrently produced would be a good idea, but Steyr probably won't act unless more people voice their opinion.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a CQC and really like it. They were supposed to have 18" barrels, but FN hadn't made them for Steyr at the time so they ended up with 16" barrels and an extended flash hider. Once the 18" barrels came out, I replaced the 16 with an 18.
There's a couple AUG setups that I really like above others, and the CQC is in the top 3, it just shoots so smooth...

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I have had one for a couple years now paired with a full auto conversion sear based hammerpack.

One of my favorite 5.56 machineguns.

The one detriment as mentioned is the barrel retaining ring design.  Other than that mine has been flawless.

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Love the way they look but hate the balance...
I thought it was too nose heavy for my tastes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top