Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would you eliminate the handguard? It serves as a functional grip support for the other hand.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 12:19:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would you eliminate the handguard? It serves as a functional grip support for the other hand.
View Quote

I don't think I'd use it as a grip support, too close to the dominant hand.  Also, if you have to balance the rifle one-handed, I find it easier with a traditional pistol grip compared to the handguard version.  It rests and balances more easily on the middle finger with the replaced grip/traditional trigger guard.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I do like my SAR, but I'd recommend the X95 over the SAR because you'll get the improved trigger group without having to shell out an extra $200 bones for it like us early adopters will.

That replacement pistol grip and conventional trigger guard looks really sexy, too, but I haven't handled that set-up yet so can't comment on it's utility.

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The trigger guard serves the same purpose albeit an abbreviated one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top