Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2016 8:03:28 PM EDT
I just got a pretty good deal on a 9mm conversion. Tell me some of the pros and cons of owning one.
It will wear my silencerco octane most of the time. So who has the best prices on pistons and fixed barrel spacers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
cheaper to shoot
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I realized that, it helped to sell it for me. Is it user convertible to left hand.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
My biggest issue is how to mount my suppressor. It's an octane 45hd. Other than the is a fixed barrel mount stand alone or do I still need a piston, or is piston and spacer better.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is convertible to left hand- tthe extractor just needs to be swapped over and a pin and the ejector moved (plus the port cover).  The instruction manual should have info on how to do it.

They shoot nice, a bit heavy for a 9mm, but plenty of fun for sure.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, I realized that, it helped to sell it for me. Is it user convertible to left hand.

It is convertible to left hand- tthe extractor just needs to be swapped over and a pin and the ejector moved (plus the port cover).  The instruction manual should have info on how to do it.

They shoot nice, a bit heavy for a 9mm, but plenty of fun for sure.  

That one of the big things I was concerned about. I'm right handed but left eye dominate. So I was always disappointed shooting it in 556. I have several ARS tho to fill the 556 gap, but I don't have a PCC.
Do I just need to buy the fixed mount to mount my suppressor?
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#6]
use a tri lug adapter from griffin armament on mine
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Their adapters work. I've got several suppressors but this is my first pistol caliber carbine. Forgive my ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I love mine in 9mm. Havent put it back in 556 in over a year
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:49:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Well the conversion is awesome. It killed my desire for a 9mm carbine. However the mouth I ordered for my octane won't work. It's marked 1/2×36 but it won't thread on. It's will thread on my 1/2 ×28 glock barrel. Don't know if I should return it or contact silencerco.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:06:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Their adapters work. I've got several suppressors but this is my first pistol caliber carbine. Forgive my ignorance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm using a TROS 3-Lug adapter on mine.  Kinda heavy, but its a full 16" barrel:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top