Link Posted: 5/31/2017 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Got my email from Pete earlier today!
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Got my email too!  Pete is the Man!!!
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not getting one. But I'm anxiously waiting to see the final product.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not getting one. But I'm anxiously waiting to see the final product if they sell the optic.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
FIFY
View Quote

I know some folks are hoping some of the scope would come up for sale. I make use of my normal M1 scope rails. But owning an A1. I can see why some would wan the slick housing.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:24:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Just an FYI for people looking. A couple are up for preorder from one seller on Gunbroker. Just search and you'll find it. I have no idea if $2400 is anywhere what others paid. But it is there. Supposedly they say, that Steyr Arms has a release date of 06/09. And a probable ship date of 06/12.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just an FYI for people looking. A couple are up for preorder from one seller on Gunbroker. Just search and you'll find it. I have no idea if $2400 is anywhere what others paid. But it is there. Supposedly they say, that Steyr Arms has a release date of 06/09. And a probable ship date of 06/12.
View Quote
That's not massively higher than the price Pete has provided. There's some markup there, but not obscene
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#8]
In speaking with Pete, he mentioned that there are a couple spots that just opened up.

Pricing as usual is better than you'll find elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Saw that earlier today! Unfortunately even though mine is paid for I won't get to pick up until mid July..... oh well I'll get to live vicariously through you guys til then!
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#11]
"Factory case with old Steyr logo" ?  Will they still ship with these?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"Factory case with old Steyr logo" ?  Will they still ship with these?
View Quote
Doesn't look like it.

Steyr had a Facebook comment in the last day or two where they?mentioned the case was nixed due to increased cost.

I'd hope they do offer something for later purchase. Was looking forward to that until I read the bad news.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Bummer.  I would pay extra for one as well; maybe if enough of us vocalize, Steyr would reconsider.  Still happy, though, with the efforts they are putting forth to get out this special edition.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been waiting for this...

Link Posted: 6/9/2017 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Needs more bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I never got an email from Pete? Been on list since 3/16
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
You should call him ASAP.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Me either but since I decided against it I'm not complaining.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Needs more bayonet lug.
View Quote
The Austrians have never used the bayonet feature on their rifles.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Needs more bayonet lug.
Didn't know that. That makes the lack of one make sense then .
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 1:37:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Didn't know that. That makes the lack of one make sense then .
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

so how many of those are yours?
View Quote
Not enough.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 12:43:57 AM EDT
[#24]
The STG 77s shipped from Steyr today!
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 1:25:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes to all of this. I want one!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Word from Pete on another forum is that he is due to receive his batch of these rifles on Friday and they will go out to customers who have paid this Monday.  I'm looking forward to getting mine!
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#27]
A couple sellers on GunBroker have pictures up now. Still a better deal to go through Pete if you're looking for one.

Pictures from USA-firearms GunBroker seller:

Link Posted: 6/15/2017 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Just looking at these pictures, I'd say that this gun is probably a better buy than a preban A1. Don't misunderstand, the A1's are very valuable and collectible guns, but for someone wanting an AUG A1 type gun to shoot this is the way to do it.

However, that there are only 400 of these, that might not be the best use of a gun like this - up to you.

If I had to choose right now between this STG77 or a used A1 in the same price range, I'd go with the STG77 in a heartbeat. You'll be getting a better deal overall.

I won't see an STG77 until the end of the month, but will do a comparison between it and an unfired NIB A1.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Oh please Steyr, just make a 3X version of that optic!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just looking at these pictures, I'd say that this gun is probably a better buy than a preban A1. Don't misunderstand, the A1's are very valuable and collectible guns, but for someone wanting an AUG A1 type gun to shoot this is the way to do it.

However, that there are only 400 of these, that might not be the best use of a gun like this - up to you.

If I had to choose right now between this STG77 or a used A1 in the same price range, I'd go with the STG77 in a heartbeat. You'll be getting a better deal overall.

I won't see an STG77 until the end of the month, but will do a comparison between it and an unfired NIB A1.
View Quote
Just blew all my fun money and dropped $2450 a couple weeks ago on a 905 series A1

Oh well no ragrets
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
that sucks, I have to wait also... look forward to the comparison!
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Steyr posted on FB there were "talks" about a "non anniversary" version of this rifle.

I have to admit it looks sexy!
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Oh please Steyr, just make a 3X version of that optic!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote
The optic housing would have to be reworked or a new optic tube designed. Current 3x and 1.5x tubes are not compatible with this housing.

I suspect that these circle-dot tubes are NOS Swarovski.

Meopta makes the new 1.5x and 3x tubes in the A3 type housing orientation.

But yeah, I'd love this in a 3x. I wouldn't count on it though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#34]
If they make it as a non anniversary model I'll feel hosed, especially now that it isn't coming with a special soft case.  Extra money for it to say STG77 vs cheaper non special AUG?
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The optic housing would have to be reworked or a new optic tube designed. Current 3x and 1.5x tubes are not compatible with this housing.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I asked Steyr about the glass they are checking on it.

Quoted:
If they make it as a non anniversary model I'll feel hosed, especially now that it isn't coming with a special soft case.  Extra money for it to say STG77 vs cheaper non special AUG?
It's not really much more, still limited number , it's STG marked, the stock says "Steyr Mannlicher- Austria" rather than "Steyr Arms Inc", etc honestly if it wasn't limited I would have still paid extra for it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't have any idea if, Steyr will make non-anniversary models of this gun. But even if I had on of these, I wouldn't feel hosed. It would still be different compared to a regular one.

I like that it appears that Steyr included a green bottom mag with the gun. And I understand, that the M1 housing was probably used because it's the current one used. And making an A1 housing in the USA would be required and probably cost prohibitive. Seeing an anniversary model with the M1 housing, qd sling swivel and all is a little sad looking for anniversary "STG77" though. I do wish Steyr used a little more effort and used a green buttpad, barrel release button and trigger. Easy to do, parts are available and it would make the gun look a lot more like an A1/STG77.

If I was going to shoot the snot out of the gun. Or bang it around in the woods, use it as my HD gun. I'd get this anniversary model over an old A1. If it was for collecting purposes (me personally). I'd spend the same kind of coin on an A1 in great condition. It's cool and all and I'd buy one if I wanted to spend the $2000. But to me it's simply an M1 with a slick housing(no rails) and a little gold symbol on the stock. They may be more limited than an A1 (or especially an A1 in like newish condition). But being an anniversary model, like so many "fancy collector's edition" guns made in recent memory. It may be more rare, but that doesn't make it more valuable or desirable. After initial demand anyways.

But I do wish I had the coin to spend on this and add it to my other 4+ AUGs. But I don't or would rather spend the money on other things.

Enjoy them, those of you that get them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 12:53:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Cue the "Limited run" white stocks.

Just pokin fun..
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:40:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Steyr uses a black trigger on all their stocks because it's a USA made trigger.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Tons of these sitting on Gunbroker at MSRP with 0 bids. I wonder how many of the 400 were bought by... "Speculative Buyers"...

I bought mine to own, so I don't care about resale value, but I'm a bit bummed that I could've saved $300 by waiting 48 hours!
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Tons of these sitting on Gunbroker at MSRP with 0 bids. I wonder how many of the 400 were bought by... "Speculative Buyers"...

I bought mine to own, so I don't care about resale value, but I'm a bit bummed that I could've saved $300 by waiting 48 hours!
View Quote
the limited numbers will work in you favor in the long run. shortly after the last one sales the price will go up. I paid $800 for a Polish Archer and Arsenal SGL 31 NIB... now they've both doubled in price. paid $1200 for a SL8.... now they cost $2000+ as for my stg77. I got is because I think its awesome it says STG77, looks like the old A1 and it NIB
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Kind of held out because a...i own an Aug that doesn't get enough love and b... wouldn't put it past Steyr to release a non anniversary down the road. I mean, they already went through the trouble of making it.

It is absolutely awesome, though. I think if mine wasn't already OD with the pig 3x optic I'd have swiped the cc with no reserve.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:14:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Steyr uses a black trigger on all their stocks because it's a USA made trigger.
View Quote
Ah. Didn't realize that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Should have included a 40 round mag instead of the 30, being the 40th anniversary and all.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Should have included a 40 round mag instead of the 30, being the 40th anniversary and all.
View Quote

And it's not the 42nd anniversary.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Well looks like mine is at my FFL... too bad I can't pick it up for another month
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Picked mine up from my dealer today.  Beautiful rifle, just as the pics that have been posted earlier in this thread show.

I'll take some pictures and post when I get a chance in the next few days.

The glass is extremely clear, I think a little better than the glass on my Steyr A3 scope I have on my A3 AUG.

The gun didn't come with a case or a test fire target.

Overall I'm very happy with the rifle.  I was planning on shooting it, but now seeing it in hand all pristine and clean I'm having second thoughts....
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#47]
I picked up mine today. Somehow, I am unable to get the charging handle the last 1/8" to be able to lock it back. My magazine release is also incredibly stiff and requires a good smack with the palm to seat the magazine.

Anyone have any idea what's holding up my charging handle?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I picked up mine today. Somehow, I am unable to get the charging handle the last 1/8" to be able to lock it back. My magazine release is also incredibly stiff and requires a good smack with the palm to seat the magazine.

Anyone have any idea what's holding up my charging handle?
View Quote
Did you try manipulating the CH with the stock off? AUG springs are incredibly stiff when new. If you can get the CH to lock back in the receiver, leave it like so for a week, might loosen things up.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:06:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Maybe the retro CH is larger than standard, and therefore can't fit the slot in the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Got an email from Steyr today, the glass is MEOPTA.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top