Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2015 11:24:13 PM EDT
I don't have a ton to spend on an optic, and looking at the new Vortex Strike Eagle or Viper PST.both are kinda hefty and I'm wondering if the weight makes it unwieldy. Thanks for input.

PS: Already have an AUG with an Aimpoint PRO and want this one to have magnification. Looking to shoot 200 yards max.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I did actually run a Viper PST 1-4 on my STG with the Manticore Talon mount. Before that I had a Eotech 512 on a 5" top rail.

I did actually like the Vortex even though it was not as lite as the Eotech. I could get fast close ups and rang the gong at 300yds (max at our range) with ease.

I sold off my STG and my buddy bought my Talon mount and the Vortex from me. He's in heaven running it. The combo just works on the AUG.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an AUG CQC with a Vortex Razor and it's a gigantic fatty. With the can mounted, empty, it's 11lbs.

Good thing I have a lot of home gym equipment to keep up with it!
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#3]
So you say Razor, for the win? I'm looking too, somewhat.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#4]

It might be a fatty, but apart from reload speed, I do not feel in any way limited at 3-gun matches when comparing to one of my ARs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Good looking set up. What height rings are you using? What brand?
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 12:32:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Burris, I think medium but I'm not positive. I took the rifle to a friendly local gun store and they helped me out fitting ones with the proper height.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top